Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2010 with 46,000 miles . The wheels are peeling and flaking can someone please recommend quality replica wheels and where to purchase? I have seen many listings on eBay . Starts to get confusing . The # 5309 keeps coming up anyone familiar with this.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
Mine are in bad shape as well, I was thinking about finding a shop to have them re-chromed. Anyone do this and have a comment good or bad?

I have a set of OEM 20s from my 05 Escalade that never made it on that truck, I'm thinking they would look pretty sharp on my 07 and maybe get rid of some of the harshness of the 22s.

I also made a pretty good score today and snatched up a set of 5 mile OEM take-offs from a 2012 model with 18" non-chrome wheels with the stock Bridgestone tires. Some limo business in D.C. had them sitting around and I snatched them up for $500. Thinking those will make a good winter set and the chrome 20s can stay out of the winter salt.

My 05's factory chrome wheels had some pitting but nothing like the 07 wheels where the chrome is peeling off the inside of the wheel in sheets. The inside of the rim behind the spokes has less chrome remaining than bare aluminum. Really bad on GM's part there.

·
Registered
2010 escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not been able to find a place that does chrome exchange on any type of rims that are already chromed . This one doesn't either . Thanks for effort .

----------

Nice score on the 18" especially with the bridgstones . I plan on doing the same as far as winter set and summer set that's why I am really trying to decide on which replicas to pick up there are so many online looking for a referral of a company someone has used . As far as summer wheels you can't go from 22" to 20". I know you don't really want to . Lol

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
I have not been able to find a place that does chrome exchange on any type of rims that are already chromed . This one doesn't either . Thanks for effort .

----------

Nice score on the 18" especially with the bridgstones . I plan on doing the same as far as winter set and summer set that's why I am really trying to decide on which replicas to pick up there are so many online looking for a referral of a company someone has used . As far as summer wheels you can't go from 22" to 20". I know you don't really want to . Lol
Yeah, I'm, stoked about that find. The tires still have the little rubber nipples on them. LOL.

Oh, and I found an interesting link you might check out. I forgot about this place that offers replica wheels. www.oewheelsllc.com

I ordered a set of 18" S-Line wheels for my Audi from them and they are still perfect more than a year later and over two winters now. They have the chrome 22" Escalade wheels (replicas) listed for $928 but currently show out of stock. Quite a few Chevy/GMC/Cadillac wheels to choose from though.

As for going to 20" from 22", I'm going to do it. The 22s are a little too rough riding for me. The roads here leave a lot to be desired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts