Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CT6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has to happen for the 6 cyl to move to the 4 cyl? Is there a way to manually change the 6 to 4 and leave it there?

·
Registered
2018 CT6 Premium Luxury Red Horizon Tintcoat with Supercruise
19 Posts
What has to happen for the 6 cyl to move to the 4 cyl? Is there a way to manually change the 6 to 4 and leave it there?
It shifts between 6 and 4 cylinders automatically based on load, both current and predicted. There is no way to (semi) permanently change it. The point is for it to be a 6 cylinder that can occasional be more efficient, not so choose to have a 4 cylinder where you are just dragging around 2 extra cylinders.

Just curious. Why would you want to change it (semi) permanently?

·
Registered
Mine is a '18 CT6 Platinum and wifes is '14 SRX
74 Posts
I must admit, my CT6 3.0TT runs around on 4 cyl far more than I ever thought it would and only way I can notice the transition from 6 to 4 and visa versa, is the dash icon. The transition is so smooth, it amazes me, compared to versions just a few years ago.

Plus, when on the MPG screen, the jump in MPG during the transition is pretty surprising. But I am very pleased that when I need a power boost, for what ever reason, it is there almost immediately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts