Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dave383 said:
just took some pictures of my newest caddy a 1969 eldorado
fleetwood. just bought it last saturday for 600 bucks.
here are a few more pictures of the eldorado, i will be restoring it bit by bit

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took some pictures of my 76 coupe deville also so here they are. i am currently restoring her too. since i got it i have tuned it up, changed the freeze plugs, the u joint , gotten 4 new shocks, new battery and new starter, and have fixed the the am/fm 8 track stereo. what's next is that i am going get the front seat restored, and hopefully get some true dual exhaust with headers from sanders and cut out the cat on the exhaust system.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
dave383 said:
new pics of the engine and interior of the eldorado
Dave Love the 69 eldo that is a steal even at 1200. If you ever find a deal like that in the pa area shot me an email

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JJhomer83 said:
Dave Love the 69 eldo that is a steal even at 1200. If you ever find a deal like that in the pa area shot me an email
if your willing to travel to california i'm sure i could hook u up with a good deal. :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice eldog. do u have the 472 or the 429?
Very nice price for the type of car. Post some more pics

·
Registered
522 Posts
Dave, it is last year of 429 engine. As i heard, it is good and reliable engine. and lots of torque of course :worship: Here is more pics. I get more pictures, when i put it under restoration...
Allmost all options, by the way (exept Guide-Matic power headlamp dimmer and seat heating)

:2thumbs:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice. let me ask u a question, on my 76 deville the truck is electronic, meaning it automactically closing when it gets close to closing. is it the same for the 67-70 eldogs because mine looks like it has it but it doesn't work. just wondering if yours has it. where are u located?

dave

·
Registered
522 Posts
dave383 said:
Nice. let me ask u a question, on my 76 deville the truck is electronic, meaning it automactically closing when it gets close to closing. is it the same for the 67-70 eldogs because mine looks like it has it but it doesn't work. just wondering if yours has it. where are u located?
dave
Yes, mine 67 has same option (remote control trunk lock). I dont know, is it working - i have no battery in car and cant try it.
But i try find technical information for it - i´ll let you know then.
I am located in Estonia - little country near Sweden and Finland :D close to north pole ;)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It's vacuum powered. Take a look at the back of the little button in the glove box, two vacuum lines instead of wires. I wish I could help you out more, but that is apparently in a different service manual than the one I have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
vanaisa