Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of u that own a 67-70 eldorado i have a question, are the lights on the back bumper real or fake cause mine are fake and i was wondering if that is how they came

thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
El Dobro said:
It's been a long time since I've seen one, but aren't they the back-up lamps?
well i just popped the lense off and there was nothing there, just some cardboard behind it , so i don't know? it seems like it should be.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Weird. Anything light up when the car is in reverse with the ignition on?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I doubt that Cadillac would stuff cardboard up in the back. The back-up lamp sockets are probably missing, so someone put cardboard in to fill the holes. Now the search begins for the correct parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
El Dobro said:
I doubt that Cadillac would stuff cardboard up in the back. The back-up lamp sockets are probably missing, so someone put cardboard in to fill the holes. Now the search begins for the correct parts.
well the back-up lamp is under the fuel lid right above the middle of the bumper and there are the 2 fin lights on each side, and than there are those two mystery lenses actually on the chrome bumper on each side that are like i said before empty. go figure

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
Are they reflectors?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Those things are definitely backup lamps, I just looked it up in the FSM. That other light is your liscense plate light. Now the question is, why do they have cardboard as opposed to bulbs?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DaveSmed said:
Those things are definitely backup lamps, I just looked it up in the FSM. That other light is your liscense plate light. Now the question is, why do they have cardboard as opposed to bulbs?
no the back-up light is next to the fuel door, below the trunk, where did u look that up

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Did some looking around and here's what I found. The 1967 and 1968 Eldorado had clear lenses in the bumper which were back-up lamps. The 1969 and 1970 Eldorado had the back-up lamp moved to the fuel filler cover. In their place, in the bumper, Cadillac placed red reflectors.

It looks like someone placed the clear back-up lenses where red reflectors should be in your bumper.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
El Dobro said:
Did some looking around and here's what I found. The 1967 and 1968 Eldorado had clear lenses in the bumper which were back-up lamps. The 1969 and 1970 Eldorado had the back-up lamp moved to the fuel filler cover. In their place, in the bumper, Cadillac placed red reflectors.

It looks like someone placed the clear back-up lenses where red reflectors should be in your bumper.
cool thanks, that is weird that cadillac would place reflectors on the bumper.
your the el dorado king, el dobro :worship:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
That explains it. I was looking in the 1968 FSM.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I think this is what yours is supposed to look like:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DaveSmed said:
I think this is what yours is supposed to look like:
yes it does, it is even the same color but mine has a white " halo " vinyl top

thanks for the help guys :littlewes

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
vanaisa said:
In my ´67 Eldo there are half - reflectors and half - back up lamps.
Weird. That picture that I found was of a '67. Is yours export spec?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
From the pictures I've seen, it looks like all the 67-68 Eldorado lenses are 1/2 reflector and 1/2 back-up.
Dave383, do your clear lenses have DOT markings and/or a year molded into them?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts