Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
06 DTS. 98 Eldo. 74 Eldo, 60 Eldo
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Eldo and I want to change the rims on the unit and possibly airbag it and drop it down.
I currnetly have a 98 Eldo thay I had 16 inch Dayton wire wheels on and am wondering if anyone can help me to know if I can slide these rims on, or can I get adapters made and if so what is the stock bolt pattern on the 69 Eldo. Also has anybody air bagged one of these cars with success ?
Tahnks
Jerry Paskiw

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
I think adapters are out of the questions. The wheel mounting face is is om the same plane as the outside edge of the wheel. (Zero backspace)
I had aftermarket wheels on my car (68 Elso) when I bought it and they had no lip on the wheel at at. Sorry dont have exact measurements but even if you get the right bolt pattern there are very few wheels that will tuck in the wheel wells. The back is tight!!!
I did see a 69 with MIGLIA 1000 ALUMINUM WHEELS made for a jeep that fit and looked really good. Maybe you could use them as a reference.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
bolt circle is 5 on 5. Same as 1/2 ton Chev and Gmc trucks but like above poster stated the tire/wheel will sit out side the fender!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts