Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS, 1969 Coupe D'ville
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been a member of the site for quite some time haven't really posted. I've had a few caddys here and there but this is the one I'm sticking with haha... Picked it up a few years ago hasn't been driven in 20+years just been pickin away at getting all the little things working again more pics and info to folllow

Attachments

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Welcome (afterall :))!
Nice project! Keep posting the progress!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love this interior the front seat are ripped a bit from drying out over time back seat has basically never been sat in haha only complaint is damn rim blow steering wheel (wish it worked)

Attachments

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah prob gonna have to replace it with a 70 wheel, rigged up a temp horn for now tho haha

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Love the Dardenelle cloth! I ended up throwing a 70 wheel on my 69 FWB until the day I can have the original wheel rebuilt.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I've never rebuilt a carb b4 but I'm not afraid to try lol worst case I'll had a box of piece's off to my buddy who says I should be able to do it no prob

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well she's back in and purrin like a kitten(OK maybe not there's no exhaust past the driver door)

·
Registered
1970 Coupe De Ville//Cessna 172
551 Posts
Keep insurance on it..... It isn't that much and you'd kick yourself if anything happened..... Working on the carb could cause a fire,etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can't have insurance without a safety inspection is done which is happening Tommorow or Tuesday

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Passed inspection git plates been driving it everywhere took it on an hour drive on the highway so in love hahaha also while driving I realized I had no idea where the rimblow horn was and it works which I think is amazing haha*

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
The joy in your post is contagious, I am smiling as I read it!
It makes my heart sing, and brings back memories of my first Cadillac 37 years ago!:cloud9:

·
Registered
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
299 Posts
Whilst I've yet to drive my Cadillac, hopefully on the road by October, I fell in love with my 1978 Lincoln Mark V and Town Coupe and just love driving them and receiving comments from others. Good luck with yours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts