Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Coupe DeVille
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attached the picture and hoping someone has decoded these abbreviations. Some are obvious but appreciate any help.

Also for a burned fuse will you see a burned or broken wire? if the wire is not broken should i assume the fuse is working?
I am trying to troubleshoot a non-operations wiper motor and want to start by making sure fuse is a good one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
DIR SIG = Directional signal (turn signal)
LO-BLO = blower motor, low speed
TAIL-LIG = taillights
RMRKR = rear marker lights
WDO = power windows
CRN-PRK = not sure about CRN, but PRK is probably parking lights
F MRKR = front marker lights
HTR = Heater
STOP = brake lights
HAZ = hazard lights
CLK-LTR = don't know about CLK (or if I'm reading that right) LTR is probably cigarette lighter
INST - Intrument panel (probably lights)

A blown fuse should be visually obvious - check it using a flashlight. You could test it with an ohmmeter, though, to be sure.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
CRN-PRK = not sure about CRN, but PRK is probably parking lights
CRN = Cornering :)

I am trying to troubleshoot a non-operations wiper motor and want to start by making sure fuse is a good one.
When engaged, try to wiggle the blades down. Sometimes it just misses the park position and it won't engage. I had that some times. Probably a dirty/corroded contact or the mechanism needs lube?

·
Registered
85 Coupe Deville 4.1 V8 & 4.3 V6 Deisel & 1970 Eldorado
773 Posts
On your 69 it is also verry common to have the door wiring harness fail. This can also cause power window problems and power door lock trouble. Here is a picture of my 1970 Eldorado door harness before i replaced it. This car had less than 50,000 miles.
IMAG0064-small.jpg

·
Registered
1970 De Ville Convertible
26 Posts
CRN-PRK are the cornering and parking lights
CLK-LTR are the clock and lighter
Good luck with yours. I had great luck with mine as it was just a blown fuse.

·
Registered
1969 Coupe DeVille
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! For some reason the wiper blade was stuck below its normal position. I adjusted it and it worked like a charm including the washer pump. Got the owners manuals few days ago an found the official fuse box descriptions in it. Take a look... IMG_5382.JPG IMG_5383.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts