Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm in the process of buying a 1968 Cadillac Deville Convertible from a friend and exporting it to Australia where I am. Neither of us have any idea of the current value in California where it resides so am seeking some assistance...

The vehicle is in orginal condition and is more of an every day driver. It is currently running on 7 cylinders, has one damaged door and a few other minor dents and scrathes. Interior is worn.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan from Australia

·
Registered
75 Eldo Convertible
340 Posts
Hi All,

I'm in the process of buying a 1968 Cadillac Deville Convertible from a friend and exporting it to Australia where I am. Neither of us have any idea of the current value in California where it resides so am seeking some assistance...

The vehicle is in orginal condition and is more of an every day driver. It is currently running on 7 cylinders, has one damaged door and a few other minor dents and scrathes. Interior is worn.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan from Australia
You got a picture? I'm not going to take a swag at it until I see a picture. If it's only running on 7 cylinders but is an everyday driver? :rolleyes:

A picture is worth a thousand words. Without seeing a picture I'd say under 10,000.

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi GS,

Thanks for the response. I've attached a few photos but unfort don't have any photos underneath. I suppose it would be more accurate saying it was an everyday driver! i don't think it's been driven in a year or two. Still runs though but obviously needs the engine rebuilt.

Cheers, Ryan

P7230173[1].jpg

P7230175[1].jpg

P7230180[1].jpg

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I use the NADA Guide, which includes values for classic cars, to establish a value for the insurance on my '64 Impala. For a '68 DeVille convertible:

Low retail: $10,050
Average retail: $16,600
High retail: $28,300

Other than the dent in the DS door, the car looks original and complete, but since it needs an engine rebuild, I'd keep the value toward the low end. But as you can see, with a little bit of work, it can be pretty valuable, so you should be able to recoup the investment should you decide to sell the car later on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts