Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02 ESC
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am a confirmed Eldorado lover..I own an 02 esc...I have an opportunity to buy either a 68 or a 70 Eldorado..Similar condition,mileage and price..Which would you buy?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,847 Posts
Hiya, Bugsy. You really don't need a poll for the relatively small number of people that would actually buy a 50+ year old car.

Personally, I'd pass - they are good looking cars but a bit difficult to restore and find parts for.

·
Registered
02 ESC
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
WOW, That's a very disappointing answer..I see 50 year old cars going across auction blocks quite often for big money.I realize Eldorados have not become all that collectable YET but,I'm thinking they will be...Some 50 year old Chevys are in high demand so why not Cadillacs..Maybe other members will be interested in choosing between a 68 and a 70..
I'd like to hear from owners of either year and hear what they say about their cars..Thanks

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
737 Posts
WOW, That's a very disappointing answer..I see 50 year old cars going across auction blocks quite often for big money.I realize Eldorados have not become all that collectable YET but,I'm thinking they will be...Some 50 year old Chevys are in high demand so why not Cadillacs..Maybe other members will be interested in choosing between a 68 and a 70..
I'd like to hear from owners of either year and hear what they say about their cars..Thanks
The edges on the earlier model are too sharp for my taste. My brother had a 70 Eldo and all he had to do to it was installing a new headliner around 100k. Leather seats were good and he also liked the ‘thermostat‘ control for interior heating and cooling. Monster motor, but it was needed for such a LARGE auto. Six of us piled into it for a trip over the Donner summit to Reno one day. Ran great! Hauled the mail too!

·
Registered
02 ESC
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The edges on the earlier model are too sharp for my taste. My brother had a 70 Eldo and all he had to do to it was installing a new headliner around 100k. Leather seats were good and he also liked the ‘thermostat‘ control for interior heating and cooling. Monster motor, but it was needed for such a LARGE auto. Six of us piled into it for a trip over the Donner summit to Reno one day. Ran great! Hauled the mail too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts