Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 caddy sedan deville has some serious electrical problems which most i have figured out. Two that are still baffling me have to do with lights. firstly anybody know if the front signal/park lights (in grille) are supposed to be lit when the head lights are on. They are lit when the head light switch is in the intermediate position (lights the park lights only) but when the headlight switch is all the way out (lighting the head lights) they go out. Secondly what kind of reverse light system do these cars have. the tail light lens have a clear section that one would normaly think would be for reverse lights, yet when removed there is no bulb or place for a bulb in this section of the tail light bezel. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For 67 Cadillac lights,
There is no problem with that, in 68 the side markers and front turn signal lights in grille glow with headlights, 67 and older they do not. First click of light switch glows the park lights, full out pull turns off park lights and turns on headlights.
As for the rear back up lights that is how they are designed. If you look in the rear lamp housings they contain lenses inside that cause the white outer lense areas to light all red including the obviously red middle outer lense section. When in reverse the bulbs at the bottom come on and light the bottom section with white light. The top section though it has a white lense is not suppose to glow white.
No problem. Have fun with it all. I have had a 68 and often compared 67.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts