Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Coupe Deville
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks in advance.
I have a 66. I charged the AC. I have to put the compressor and fan on a toggle switch.
It has a new temp sensor on the dash board. The guy that I got the car from said that it worked fine til he put that in. It blows cold but only out of the bottom vent. I am sure that it has something to do with the vacuum switch. Anybody ever had to deal with this?
The car is all original. There doesn't seem to be any vacuum coming from the hoses connected to the diaphragms.
What would be the easiest way to divert the air flow from the bottom vent to the top vents?

The seat is stuck. Nothing happens when I hit any of the buttons. Luckily for me the seat is stuck right on top of the mounting bolts. Is there any way to move it without the motors operational?

Anybody have the big springs for the front drum brakes for sale?
I'll be sure to post up some pics.

·
Registered
1970 Coupe De Ville//Cessna 172
551 Posts
Check the fuse for the seat. Ten, check to see if the power plug is connected. If not, I think they are just speedo cables and you could probably spin them with a drill to move the seat.
Jeff

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
The climate control works off a combination of vacuum responding to input from electronic transducers. If you only get cold air, and only from the floor vents, your programmer is likely shot, and you're not getting vacuum to the transfer blend doors, which divert air flow between the dash vents and the floor. Additionally, your temperature rheostat may be out of adjustment. If you want the system to work correctly, find an AC shop that's willing to deal with the old automatic climate control systems. Be prepared to spend around $1500-$2000 to get the system up and running correctly. The alternative is to delete the factory system and go with an aftermarket set up, as many restomod builders do with cars that either never had AC or with old AC systems they don't want to deal with.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts