Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  UtilityCow 
#1 ·
I just picked up a really nice 65 and it has a few electrical problems that need to be addressed and a wiring diagram would do me a lot of good. I was hoping somebody might have a manual in pdf that I could download or maybe even a diagram would work for now just to get me by for the night.

I got to drive the thing home from the sellers house and parked it and now it doesn't want to start. Guy left it on the charger all night before picked it up and the next morning its dead. The car will idol and the generator light flickers and as soo as I put it in drive and take off it dies. I am thinking either there is no charge from the generator or the battery is just shot. The car was sitting for a good 1 1/2 years before I got it. I found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-Cadillac-Shop-Manual-65_W0QQitemZ8004697678QQcategoryZ34212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
is this going to have everything I need? I just want to make sure that I don't buy something that is of no use to me. I tried to search for something like this before I posted so I appoligize if it is a repost. Noobs:thepan: Thanks for all help in advance.

PS I work for Street Beat Customs in Az as the Sales Manager so anything you guys need let me know and I will be sure you are taken care of. Thanks again.

See less See more
#3 ·
What A Coincidence. I Just Joined Tonight Looking For Info On My 64.

I Would Say The Battery Is Shot After Sitting So Long. The Generator Light Flashing May Be Caused By The Battery, Or It's Surely Full Of Bad Gas After Sitting So Long And It's Idling Rough And Too Low, As Was My Problem Recently. Probably Both.

That Shop Manual Looks Like It Would Help. I'll Buy It If You Don't Need It. I Try To Pick Up Anything From That Time Period That Has To Do With My Car. The Closest Thing I Have Is A Chilton's Manual From The Late 60's That Covers My Model. Came In The Trunk When I Got The Car. Don't Think It Has Wiring Diagrams.

I'm Really Looking For Some More Info On The Older Cads (Airbag Installs, Front Disk Conversion, Engine Mods, etc..) But Haven't Found It Here. Please Let Me Know If You Find Any Other Resources Out There.

Matt

#4 ·
D Rail thanks for the link on that manual I bought that today. That should have everything I need in it.

Hell parts for this 65 are so cheap that I am just gonna buy everything. Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Valve Cover Seals, and Alternator for 50 bucks. I love being in the business. Esspecially when they sell everything I need and I sell everything they don't need. Works out well for me.

http://store.streetbeatcustoms.com/airsuspension4.html
UtilityCow is this the air ride you are looking for. If so I can help.

#5 ·
I Can't Believe There Is An Air Bag Application For 61-64 Cads. I See Your Published Prices Are Suggested Retail. I Was Planning On A Custom Bag Setup via Mini Truckin' Friends Of Mine.I Will Look Into The Air Ride Products.

I Just Bought Everything Related To "Tune-Up" For Less Than $100. Still Need Valve Cover Gaskets. I'm Also Looking For A Alternator Upgrade To Power Compressors And Stereo. I See In My Literature The Stock Output Is Only 55 Amps.

Your 65 Have Drum Fronts? My Chiltons Says Disks Were An Option For 68, But I Read Somewhere Else They Were Available In 65.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.