Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Murdered Out V sedan. 618RWHP
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having it for a year I decided to throw caution to the wind, say to hell with the warranty and go all out with my 2011 V sedan. 2.55 pulley swap, ID850 injectors, Airaid intake, 160 thermostat, ported snout, ported throttle body, Stainless Steel Works headers and full exhaust, Corsa sport mufflers and a tune. Got it back from the shop and drove it for a few weeks. Loved every bit of it and it put down 551 to the wheels. Decided I wanted to drop a cam in it so I handed it over back to the shop. Got it back with 613RWHP, the thing is a beast however...while i was driving it home it started doing some very odd things. It idled really low around 400 and while driving would RPM surge from 2K to 3K a couple times for no reason. The next day when driving to work 10 minutes after starting it I came to my first stop light. At a stop it threw a service engine code and acted like it was going to stall out. When I went to accelerate from a stop it rev'd up but didnt go anywhere. Almost like the car was in nuetral, never went into gear. If i gave it very little throttle it creeped enough to pull it off to the side of the road. Got it towed to the shop and they looked at it and said it was a supercharger overboost code p012b, bumped up the boost limit (put out a little over 13 at last dyno) and map enable/disable. Guy said he drove it and it drove fine even got on it a couple times so i pick it up, drive it home and the exact same thing happens again. Currently its back at their shop but Im starting to question if they know what they are doing as far as tuning. Its a shop that came highly recommended in the Tampa area of FL and specialize in LS motors. Anyone on here with their wealth of experience and knowledge seen anything like this before? Contemplating having it towed to Jeremy Formato 45 min away to see if he can fix the tune (if thats the issue).

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
Something to be said about folks like Hennessey and Lingenfelter. They produce the power and have a full warranty. Backyard shops simply experiment on your stuff. Feel for you man. Bummer.

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Biarritz
451 Posts
I am in the Tampa/St Pete area, Pinellas Park. And, I specialize in Corvette and Cadillac. But, performance isn't our niche. We are primarily diagnostics and repair, stock engine rebuilds, electronic diagnostics, etc. My recommendation would be to go ahead and take it to Jeremy at FasterProms. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO
371 Posts
Something to be said about folks like Hennessey and Lingenfelter. They produce the power and have a full warranty. Backyard shops simply experiment on your stuff. Feel for you man. Bummer.
they have had well documented problems with some of their cars as well, search for it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
they have had well documented problems with some of their cars as well, search for it.
Good point. You can find documented problems with Kraft Mac and Cheese as well. My document is in the garage, and has been flawless since delivery a year ago. Still have 2 years left on my warranty as well.

·
Registered
CTS-V
66 Posts
Good point. You can find documented problems with Kraft Mac and Cheese as well. My document is in the garage, and has been flawless since delivery a year ago. Still have 2 years left on my warranty as well.
For what they charge they better be good and better than their Viper days. Crappy builds, falsifying dyno reports, installing used parts, losing paperwork and excessive overcharging. That's from personal experience and from a friends law suite which he won. His builds may be better but you can't change one's morals. Glad you're one of the lucky ones.

----------

Jeremy FTW. You will be happy. Some shops do great mechanical work but can't tune for shit. Jeremy would be my first choice if you want to stay in FL. I go to Vengeance and they are the best IMHO.

·
Registered
2006 CTSV
25 Posts
Black Moon said:
For what they charge they better be good and better than their Viper days. Crappy builds, falsifying dyno reports, installing used parts, losing paperwork and excessive overcharging. That's from personal experience and from a friends law suite which he won. His builds may be better but you can't change one's morals. Glad you're one of the lucky ones. ---------- MHO.
Man I'm glad someone aside from me remembers those days back in the early 2000s. I'm still amazed henessey came out of that mess and people still take their cars to him. That guy was reaming people left and right.

·
Registered
2011 Murdered Out V sedan. 618RWHP
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: After the shop that did the work basically threw their hands in the air and had no idea what to do I tucked my tail between my legs and took it to the dealership. To my surprise I met one of the coolest techs ever who was super mod friendly, identified the problem was in the transmission and did a complete rebuild + new torque converter...all on GM's dime. Smoothest shifts Ive ever felt now and I am getting to enjoy every one of those hp. I still think it has idling issues with the cam and could use a better tune so I will most likely be taking it to Jeremy in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That is awesome news. Glad Your dealer stood behind you.

----------

Man I'm glad someone aside from me remembers those days back in the early 2000s. I'm still amazed henessey came out of that mess and people still take their cars to him. That guy was reaming people left and right.
I have held my tongue on this one. I am saddened to hear about the transgressions of the past. I am told I am lucky that my build didn't go south, and perhaps that is right. But my choice to go there was not founded on my poor World Wide Web research, rather, local HPE customers who over the past 3 Years have had nothing short of a perfect experience. That's why I went south to do this. Mine has been perfect too, but I remain saddened to learn about this which might have altered my decision.

Thanks to all for your input and advice. I guess I remain feeling lucky. I just hope that I don't have to test the warranty that covers my build. And if so, I can only hope my dealer stands behind the Caddi coverage noted in this thread.

Always,

·
Registered
CTS-V
420 Posts
551 rwhp with all those mods? That seems low. Mine just made 555rwhp with nothing but FAST85 injectors, CAI, and 2.55 pulley. Tuned by 21st Century Muscle Cars (an LPE shop) last week. I still think you have a tuning issue.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
For those who would like to see documented results of a HPE V700 build search my name on both Cad forums from about 2.5 years back.
If a modded car such as a Hennessey HPE V700 carries a warranty, it is doubtful that you will receive the RWHP & RWTQ that you were
led to believe it produced. Come to your senses, car people.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
968 Posts
UPDATE: I still think it has idling issues with the cam and could use a better tune so I will most likely be taking it to Jeremy in the coming weeks.

IMO, don't hesitate for a second about taking the car to Jeremy Formato. The guy's tuning ability is second to none (which helps to explain why he's so busy). Had him tune both engine and trans.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts