Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for kicks i was looking at old caddies for sale, and i came across a 1961 sedan DeVille with 86k miles, white with black interior but some rust. and its only $1600! But, i cant have 2 cars, dont have the room or cash for insurance for two. I could sell my 90 Deville, and slowly restore the '61....UGH! should I? would it be worth it?

Heres a pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
That may not be the one, but I guarantee you if you keep looking, you'll find one that might make you leap...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think iam gona call the guy about it. I still want a caddy, but i want something rwd and carb'd, kinda tired of worring about computers. And i LOVE those fins. I can just see it sittin low and purtty on some nice wheels. Anyone know what engine came in the 61 DeVilles?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
IMO the ealrt 60 and mid 60's styling for Cadillac's are bad, but that is just my opinion, my favorite would be the '59 Eldorado.

AFA engine, I know the '59 had the 390-345 (390cid and 345hp) I don't know if that carride over or not.... later 60's got the 500 and 472 (or 472 came out in early 70's?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts