Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I keep getting great emails from friends on this forum who are increasing their RWHP to 600+. I want to say "Congrats and aint it grand!"

There is the elite gold caliper club. I was wondering who is in the 600+ rwhp club.

Please post up

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Re: 6000+ RWHP Club

Great idea. And maybe you guys in the 600+ RWHP club would consider getting one of the mods and / or admins to make the thread a sticky. Maybe include some motor compartment pictures, step by step of some of the more interesting / unique mods, a spec sheet, some history on how, when, and by whom the mods were done. How it does on the track. I have thought about this for quite a while because, to be quite frank, sometimes the forum gets boring to read and there is nothing exciting to read or look at sometimes.
Maybe even a separate section for you guys, and each one of you guys have your own separate thread inside the section. I think that we should give up Curtis's name first as this was his idea. Could really be a great "showcase" for the forum, too.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Great idea. And maybe you guys in the 600+ RWHP club would consider getting one of the mods and / or admins to make the thread a sticky. Maybe include some motor compartment pictures, step by step of some of the more interesting / unique mods, a spec sheet, some history on how, when, and by whom the mods were done. How it does on the track. I have thought about this for quite a while because, to be quite frank, sometimes the forum gets boring to read and there is nothing exciting to read or look at sometimes.
Maybe even a separate section for you guys, and each one of you guys have your own separate thread inside the section. I think that we should give up Curtis's name first as this was his idea. Could really be a great "showcase" for the forum, too.
Gary, I don't mind the sticky and a place to hang out, but why are you always suggesting we put spreadsheets, list data, mods, who, when, and where, etc etc?

I mean, your working me.

LOL

Does 600rwtq count? lol
Hey if you got 600 rwhp or 600 torque, it's all good.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts

Gary, I don't mind the sticky and a place to hang out, but why are you always suggesting we put spreadsheets, list data, mods, who, when, and where, etc etc?

I mean, your working me.

LOL

Hey if you got 600 rwhp or 600 torque, it's all good.
Oh, come on Curtis, you're holding me up for ransom here. I have never suggested that anybody do spread sheets as they become boring too quickly, and doing spread sheets on the various mods on our cars, for instance, the spread sheet would become very difficult to compare all of the aspects on it.
However, I am always asking for info for the mickey mouse sheets that I do, RWHP, RWTQ, Type of dyno, locale, etc., etc.
You guys could just lay your info out in typical paragraph form, etc., etc.
And the pictures will serve nicely for peeps getting ready to do the mods. It would help them determine what would work best, and what would look best for their cars.
It would also make for a nice informative addition to the forum.
Only a thought, Curtis, but maybe a worthwhile one?

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts

Dynapack numbers, especially if from Church Automotive Group, need not apply.

As for me, I'm waiting for the "dyno numbers are not 'real world' numbers; only the track is!" members to chime in any time now...

·
Registered
2011 CTS V Coupe, 2007 Escalade ESV
233 Posts

I think its a great idea. I have 608 RWHP and am about to add around 42 more. I have completed my power adders in stages, as I wasn't sure about a lot of things, i.e. daily drivability, cost, and ability to handle the power as a driver. So far so good. So it has been a wonderful adventure, requiring researching ideas and pursuing/questioning those who have "been there". A specific spot or location on the forum make sense to me. Thanks for the great suggestion. DonS

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts

Gary,

There may not be too many drag racers here (although I bet there's more than I think), but I've always wanted to see an ET/Modification list like they keep on ModFords. (60', 1/8th mile, 1/4 ET, 1/4 MPH) with a list of mods (coded off a table of common mods).

It hasn't been maintained, but here's the list they used to keep (1st post):

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/7081-E.T-List-and-Modification-Idea!?highlight=modification

(If you can't open the link because you need to be a member, let me know).

Obviously the modification list would need to be geared for our cars, but the list really wouldn't be much different. Personally I hate the myriad of lists some of the LSx geared forums keep............fastest, cam only, bolt-on, street-tired, full weight, power window, stock displacement, 6 speed car. :cookoo: :wacky:

As for this thread, I'm still a decent way off of 600rwhp, but I'll know where to post it when I do...right here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts

Dynapack numbers, especially if from Church Automotive Group, need not apply.

As for me, I'm waiting for the "dyno numbers are not 'real world' numbers; only the track is!" members to chime in any time now...
:tisk: If the thread goes that way, we'll know what started it......your post.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts

I am deeply disappointed when I see somebody post something like, "dyno numbers are not 'real world' numbers; only the track counts!".

Both are real world #'s, figures, and data acquired from real world scenarios, but different testing parameters.

Dyno #'s provide "a snapshot in time" of a specific motor run on a specific dyno at a specific time, with specific settings and specific atmospheric conditions.

A track run can be more skill of the driver than a test of a specific car and it motor. Both have very important places in our world.

I really have a hard time understanding a person that only acknowledges one but not the other.

·
Registered
233 Posts

I have raced my car at the Texas Mile and first time out did 172.2 MPH from a standing start. I plan to go back in late October and hopefully do 180+. Additionally I plan to take my car to the drag strip and am in the process of purchasing drag radials. I have as previously posted 608 RWHP. It is fast and I am trying to lear how to launch it and have some fun in the process. It has been many years since I have been to the strip, so I have a lot of work to do in "launching this beast". DonS

·
Registered
3,435 Posts

I have raced my car at the Texas Mile and first time out did 172.2 MPH from a standing start. I plan to go back in late October and hopefully do 180+. Additionally I plan to take my car to the drag strip and am in the process of purchasing drag radials. I have as previously posted 608 RWHP. It is fast and I am trying to lear how to launch it and have some fun in the process. It has been many years since I have been to the strip, so I have a lot of work to do in "launching this beast". DonS
Dons:
Not much to stay on the porch with the little dogs, are you? It will be interesting to get a "inside view" of your correlations between the standing start mile, the 1/4 mile, & the dyno. This should prove very beneficial to peeps like me that just sort of "watch from the sidelines". My hat's off to you for tackling all 3.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts

Gary,

There may not be too many drag racers here (although I bet there's more than I think), but I've always wanted to see an ET/Modification list like they keep on ModFords. (60', 1/8th mile, 1/4 ET, 1/4 MPH) with a list of mods (coded off a table of common mods).

It hasn't been maintained, but here's the list they used to keep (1st post):

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/7081-E.T-List-and-Modification-Idea!?highlight=modification

(If you can't open the link because you need to be a member, let me know).

Obviously the modification list would need to be geared for our cars, but the list really wouldn't be much different. Personally I hate the myriad of lists some of the LSx geared forums keep............fastest, cam only, bolt-on, street-tired, full weight, power window, stock displacement, 6 speed car. :cookoo: :wacky:

As for this thread, I'm still a decent way off of 600rwhp, but I'll know where to post it when I do...right here. :thumbsup:
gnxs:

That is very interesting the way that they configured the chart and how they did the codes for the modifications themselves. What makes that chart work is the knowledge that the poster had proir to making the chart, he pretty much listed the most common mods first in order from the left to the right. If they actually did plot the figures on a lined and / or squared off chart, it would make it that much more obvious to see and / or visualize what mods were most important to get at what time slip. I detected your name about half-way the 10 sec chart section. There are some fast Fords in there.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Your gonna make me take this beast to the strip and ruin a perfectly good set of nerves and PS2s, aren't you Gary? :).

Larry, call me when the weather gets better.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Dons:
Not much to stay on the porch with the little dogs, are you? It will be interesting to get a "inside view" of your correlations between the standing start mile, the 1/4 mile, & the dyno. This should prove very beneficial to peeps like me that just sort of "watch from the sidelines". My hat's off to you for tackling all 3.
Gary just to let you know, I am 72 years old, and I guess it is just one of my "bucket" things, but my plans are to race my car and enjoy this as one day my "reaction" time may be just a little slow. I will keep all posted on my ventures into this. Have a good evening. Don

1 - 20 of 82 Posts