Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Sandy...
Did all the Sixties have option CB5 option, the full length padded vinyl top? And a question on the wheels...How many different center cap styles, and rims were availible for the sixty? Also for the sail panel illuminated crests...if one of your died, what adhesive would you use to secure the new lamp in place for a secure fit?
Jacob Hoppe

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Jake; I think I sent you this info.
Of the 5,292 1993 Sixty Specials, 4,126 had the standard equipment full length padded vinyl top (77.97%) while 1,166 opted for the padded roof to be DELETED (22.03%). There was no "refund" or deduction if ordered without the roof. HOWEVER, a 1993 deVille ordered from the factory with the full length padded vinyl roof ALSO had the electroluminescent Crest & wreath onthe sail panel, but a deVille with a steel roof, or a simulated convertible roof or any other after market roof of course did NOT have the lighted crest. HOWEVER, a Sixty Special WITHOUT a padded roof, or ordered with the DELETE roof code, DID come with the lighted crest, as though it had the padded top.

Wheels Centers. The standard equipment Cast Aluminum Wheel, and the optional Chrome Wheel and the no charge optional Lace Cast Aluminum Wheel all shared the same center cap. The no charge wire wheel disc used a different style center cap.

If you buy a brand new lighted crest it allready comes with a super sticky backing with a peel off plastic covering on the back. On a used one, I'd stop at a auto body shop with a $5 biill and ask the owner if I could have 2-inches of "Dumb Dumb" tape. Real name is Butyal tape. It's a black rubbery sticky tape 2" is way more than you need. Pull off like 1/2 inch and roll between your fingers to make it as thin as a piece of spaghetti, and then lay it down on the back side of the crest and push against the roof.
Be super careful removing the old one, so as not to tear the vinyl. Use a very dull kitrchen butter knife to work around the emblem and slowly peel away. FIRST heat it with a hair dryer. DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN. I said HAIR DRYER!! Work slowly & take plenty of time. New ones are $92.00 each. I just bought 2 of them for $185.00 + tax!!
Could not find used, and I figured on e-bay they were burnt out anyway.... :yup:

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
The light up crests are glued on on the 93s? On the 1992 Fleetwoods there's a metal clip inside the car that holds it on. When you take the clip off the crest just pulls out.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
1993 Sixty Special Electroluminescent Crests aren't exactly "glued" ~ but the back-side has on it very very sticky tape that bonds to the crest & then to the roof. :yup:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I want these light up crests on my '93 Coupe DeVille :D

actually, I have the half-roof vinyl top, and the wreatha nd crest are engraved in the quaterpanel glass....really cool :D

My car has the 15" steel wheels with wire wheel covers....they look nice, but I would like something alloy..... I realize there were 3-4 differnt alloy wheels avaliable both 15" and 16"....if someone could post a pic of each from base to best that would be great....so far I seem to like the rain drop ones (or lace?) don't know the real name for them...... but the covers arn't too bad, spoked, shine, and nice center caps, it's just that.....they are hub caps, exactly, on steel wheels....not cool..... plus at the least the alloy will probally weigh a little less, improving handling and performance?

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
The base 60-special rims are these:

There were the optional wire hub caps.
Then its the lace (but with the silver center cap):

Then its the chrome:

For Deville, these were the base:

Then it follows the 60-Spec's (wire, lace, and the chrome). The stock 60S' rims were also on the Spring Edition Deville. For the rims that are found on both the Deville and 60S, the Deville seemed to always use a black center cap, and the 60S a silver one.

The only 16" was off the Touring Sedan:

(All pics were taken off AAA Rims)

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
The chromed wheels, while pictured in the sales brochure & listed as an option, were actually on DELAY, for most of the year. Info that I have shows that they did not go into production until April 1 of 1993. The only 1993 "C" bodies that could have had them were cars produced between April 1 and end of production of the 1993 models, in June, 1993. They were back, for 1994 as a full year option. I have them on my 60-Special. The ones pictured above are from a deVille. deVilles had the charcoal gray center cap background, while 60-Specials had the center cap from the stock 60-Special wheel, the one with the silver-y background. The very first wheel (top) shown herein. Why? I dunno.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts