Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched, but couldn't find any info on converintg a single disk Nav system to a 6 disk nav system.

My 2010 CTS Premium AWD has just about everything but a 6 disk changer. Is it possible to have a 6 disk changer with a Nav system? Seems really dumb to have everything else and need to change disks one by one when listening to books on a long trip.

Any info would be appreciated. Love my CTS and the mileage I get on long trips.

Marv

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
The car doesn't come with the 6 disc because you have a hard drive. The idea is that you record your CDs to the hard drive thereby eliminating the need to keep the discs in the car.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Gohawks63!

I'll get my manual out and see if this is a good option. It drives me nuts to try and drive/change disks about every hour on a long trip. I obviously haven't used the HDD function yet!

Marv

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior
264 Posts
IF there is a nav + 6CD option for the car then all you would need to do is locate the head unit for that radio, get it unlocked, and swap it.

·
Premium Member
'11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
1,547 Posts
You also have a USB port in the arm rest. Buy a 32GB jump drive, now about $20, and you will have the equivalent of a 100 (guessing) disk changer -- except it will work better with no skips, no problems with scratches or dirty CDs, etc.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,338 Posts
And be sure to format the USB with FAT32. It won't read (at least my car won't read) NTFS formatted USB drives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts