Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SRX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while I was driving I was switching between cd's in teh chager. Then the screen read "D mech error" is there a way to reset this? Or am i lookin at having to rplace the unit as a whole? Anyone had this issue?

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
SRX, CTS-V
155 Posts
Wish I could be of more help...but I can at least tell you that i had that error and fixed it. When it first happened to me, I searched around and it seemed everything i found said that it was pretty much something that had to be replaced. So i figured, it couldn't hurt to look at it. I pulled it out, replugged at least one loose wire, and connected it. It went into some sort of reboot (apparently due to being disconnected and reconnected), ejected my CDs (finally, because they were stuck during the error) and it worked again.

·
Registered
SRX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being a complete newb @ this car, what are the steps in getting the deck out? I had all my music installed @ Bestbuy and I havent really played with n e parts on this.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
SRX, CTS-V
155 Posts
There are instructions for the CTS on the faq site that give instructions for removing the cd changer. It was the same as the SRX for me. Once I had the unit out, frankly i just used some common sense and luck to look around, make sure things were connected, clean, etc. and put it back in. I did apply power to it while it was "out" so I could see what was going on. I would give you more info, but its been a couple of years and I don't recall the exact details. I just wanted to let you know that its possible to reset/fix it without completely replacing it (at least in some cases, I suppose).

·
Registered
SRX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I took the dash apart today. Google is a wonderful tool as well other people online who have done this before. I had the dash apart in like 5 minutes. The deck I got the wiring diagram ran some power to the unit and had it fixed in about 20 mins.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2005 SRX
18 Posts
Yeah I had the exact same error message; removed battery cable waited 5 minutes, upon reconnection of battery the CD changer went thru an initialization procedure and ejected the disks. All has been well with it since.

·
Registered
2004 SRX V8 AWD
92 Posts
I had the Mech error pop up on my 2004,couldn't get the disk out,disconnected the battery cables,the computer cleared itself and rejected the all three cds I proceeded to use a laser disk cleaner. No problems since that was 3 months ago. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
97 Deville. 96 sts. 99 sts. 01 sls. 05 sts
73 Posts
2005 sts. Had cd mech error. Disconnected battery cables, now it reads cd power error. Any suggestions? Fuse maybe??

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the CD mechanism error and was able to correct it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery thus forcing the unit to initialize.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts