Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Deville and want to add a CD changer. I saw a cable in the trunk that has a plug with 5 round connections and 1 separate blue wire, is this the plug for the OEM cd changer?
Thank you

·
Registered
244 Posts
No. You've found the large connector I've found in my car, asked about on here, and never got an answer. This sucker looks like a trailer hitch connector, one like I've never seen, and what is with the blue wire just cut off????? These are under the large plastic cover across the very rear of the trunk. Plastic cover for the pulldown motor, etc. And per my RPO codes, my car does not have a towing option.

What is this? Anyone? Anyone?

CD Connector. If you have the very base radio, you will not have one. This radio will not have a SOURCE button. If you have a radio witht the source button you should have the wiring for a CD changer. It is on the right of the trunk. It branches out of the bundle heading to the power antenna. It will branch out near the hinge area. The other end of mine was clear down into the spare tire area. But it is there, with the 9/10 pin connector (I never remember this pin count).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
LCLCLC