Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Devilles: 04 Base,01 base,01 DHS,92 (parents)
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I found a 2001 Deville with a six CD changer and I have the 2001 Deville base model without the 6 CD changer is there a problem wiring a 6 cd changer? Is it hard? Will it work? Is there anything different about the radio that I would need to handle? Would I need to change radio also?

·
Registered
2005 Deville, 94 Camry
9 Posts
I believe that the wiring is already pre-installed in the glove box. It's just a matter of plug and play.

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
You will need to remove the glove box liner to access the connector that is stowed in a wire bundle behind the glove box. Pop out the knock out in the liner and pull the connector into the glovebox.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome sounds like a plan I may go out and do it right now. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys thanks for the tip on the CD changer it is playing nice and loud and it is working perfectly thank you gentlemen for getting rid of my stress cause I was stressing over how I was going to wire it into the car.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program queens greatest hits!!

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
I didn't chime in because I didn't have any pertinent information on the job. But I'm very glad it worked out for you!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rat monster no problem what I've been doing is my local junkyards I get on the email list when a car comes in of ones that I have influence over my cars my parents cars my brothers car the girlfriend at the time's car and then get notices when the cards come in and I got to get there kind of quickly at times to get parts which are in very high demand like Ford focus 2006 through 2009 rear bumper cover a car got there two days ago so I got there the day after it arrived at the local junkyard in the three Ford focus is they had all of the rear bumpers were already gone. So what I've been doing is learning what parts will go wrong with each of my set of cars and pick up a part here or a park there that is AC Delco clean works well from what I can tell because the cars at a junkyard usually from an accident so mechanically the parts are technically still operable and paying $300 for something I can get for $30. And you occasionally run into a part that has already been replaced by the original car owner for example I picked up a smog pump a few weeks ago for my 2001 Deville pulled it out of a 2004 Deville and when I look at the manufacture date it was manufactured in 2008 so the previous owner of the car had already replaced the smog pump so I got one four $30 instead of paying hundred and 30 and on installation when I have my kids with me my boys are 15 and 18 I've been having them help me so that they learn how to do it. So I'm trying to set it up as a win-win win-win situation and with four kids total one almost to in college and an ex-wife Things get expensive. The Deville I pulled the six CD changer out of I'm guessing the head gaskets blue because the car was not in an accident but the car was untouched it been there at the junkyard for four days so I took an educated guess that the six CD changer or was going to be in perfect working order and I end up cutting the cable because I didn't know the connector was already waiting to be plugged in to the back of the CD changer.

It's all good I've upgraded my car on the cheap awesome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts