Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Cadillac Eldorado vert and 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV 6.0 Liter with just 62K miles on it! It runs great, but on the dash, right under the speedometer, everytime we go to start the truck it displays 'Change Engine Oil'.

I do not want to pay the dealer to do this and rather do this myself to save some $$$. Besides, its always a good thing to et mechanically acquinted with your car!

The question I ave for you all is this: What type of oil are you guys running in your Escalade ESV 6.0 Liter: Synthetic, Synthetic blend, or conventional? A buddy of mine at Auto Zone recommended that I run Valvoline conventional. The only reason why I am bring this up for discussion is because I called the Caddy dealership and the gal said that she didn't know what my truck was using. $40 for conventional oil change and $97 for full synthetic oil change (both come with oild filters).

Also, how often are you all changing your oil using synthetic or conventional? Thanks all for your input!

Thanks,

-James

1971 Cadillac Eldorado
500 cid
convertible

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
6.0 Liter

·
Registered
escalade
24 Posts
i change my oil every 3500miles using mobil 1 just for piece of mind. but that change oil light doesn't mean your oil hasn't been change if you turn the key to start you car one turn not the engine then press the gas three times then turn your engine on it will say 100% oil life. but i would change the oil just to be safe then do that. i think they come out the dealer with mobil 1

·
Registered
1971 Cadillac Eldorado vert and 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you use mobile 1 full synthetic or just th mobile1 conventional oil? Also, what oil weight do you all use?

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
You have to reset the engine oil light, when its at 0%, it will flash this message. You must do this everytime you change the oil, you must hold down the enter button when the 0% oil is on the dash.

·
Registered
2005 EXT
19 Posts
After trying many oils in my truck I use Pennsoil Platinum Synthetic my UOAs come out better than the more expensive Castrol Syntheic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts