Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a new member to the forum and my car is scheduled for production next week! I am beyond excited, but as I've started searching for snow tires (and aftermarket wheels) online, there is almost nothing available at first glance.

I'm hoping to go with a square setup of 275/35/19 since I've had good luck with square setups on performance cars in the snow before.

Tire rack specifically says there are zero wheel options for the blackwing at this time, and only two winter tires options... but I find that hard to believe. Are there any other resources out there for what our options might be? I'm hoping to get either Michelins or Blizzaks but realize I may not get to pick and choose.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,552 Posts
Hi all, I'm a new member to the forum and my car is scheduled for production next week! I am beyond excited, but as I've started searching for snow tires (and aftermarket wheels) online, there is almost nothing available at first glance.

I'm hoping to go with a square setup of 275/35/19 since I've had good luck with square setups on performance cars in the snow before.

Tire rack specifically says there are zero wheel options for the blackwing at this time, and only two winter tires options... but I find that hard to believe. Are there any other resources out there for what our options might be? I'm hoping to get either Michelins or Blizzaks but realize I may not get to pick and choose.

Cheers!
I've seen that another outlet (maybe Discount Tire) has Pirelli Sottozero 3s in our size (actually, they have the staggered setup). I think it may just be too early in the season for TireRack to have their full allotment of choices in stock.

Edit: Yes, it is Discount Tire. They have 4 to choose from in 275/35/19 but all are on backorder.

·
Registered
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen that another outlet (maybe Discount Tire) has Pirelli Sottozero 3s in our size (actually, they have the staggered setup). I think it may just be too early in the season for TireRack to have their full allotment of choices in stock.

Edit: Yes, it is Discount Tire. They have 4 to choose from in 275/35/19 but all are on backorder.

Thanks! It does look like I'll need to be patient - I was able to find Pirellis on tire rack that fit as well, but hopefully I don't need to spend $525 per tire just to drive in the snow haha

·
Registered
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please don’t drive you BW in the winter they are a work of art!
Cars are meant to be driven, and my BW will be no different. I drove my M3 in the snow, same with the TRX (obviously this is less of an issue lol) and the blackwing will be my only car. Fingers crossed it gets to 150-200k miles of daily driver miles, and I'm going to enjoy every single one

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fair enough it’s just a piece of machinery but road salt is absolutely brutal and it gets everywhere no matter how many times you rinse it down. I will not drive mine in the winter but will get Krown rust control anyhow to keep the moisture out once every couple years. Yes it’s a little bit messy but I think it’s pretty effective

·
Registered
3 Posts

Cheers!
FWIW I took delivery a year ago (Aug 26, 2021, to be exact.) I found the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 staggered setup to be the best option. I had them mounted on factory wheels and used them from about Oct. to Mar. Never drove in actual snow (although it does snow regularly here in Utah). But I did drive it in cold conditions when the factory PS4s shouldn't be used. They were a great option.They were about $270 fronts and $340 rears, but I was pleased with them and will use them again this year.

·
Registered
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FWIW I took delivery a year ago (Aug 26, 2021, to be exact.) I found the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 staggered setup to be the best option. I had them mounted on factory wheels and used them from about Oct. to Mar. Never drove in actual snow (although it does snow regularly here in Utah). But I did drive it in cold conditions when the factory PS4s shouldn't be used. They were a great option.They were about $270 fronts and $340 rears, but I was pleased with them and will use them again this year.
Thanks! Good to know, although I will definitely be driving mine in the snow. I made the mistake of accidentally taking Pilot SuperSports out in freezing rain. I've never clenched so hard in my life lol

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
250 Posts
This is an instant collector car! I would not let a gram of salt get on it. Not to mention I can't imagine a more dangerous car to drive in the snow. I won't even drive mine below 32 degrees even when it is dry road conditions. That is what the Volvo is for.

Reactions: sardillim

·
Registered
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only cars that are dangerous to drive in snow are the ones with the wrong tires.

The collector car argument is a perfectly valid opinion, but I'm not saving it for the next owner. The last thing I want to do is hide one of the best driving sedans of all time in a garage instead of enjoying it!

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
558 Posts
I had them on my ATS-V and I cannot recommend the tire. Wet traction was marginable at best. Dry traction was OK. This tire is not recommended for the snow. Buy the Continental DWS 06 plus or the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. Look at the Tirerack for a more detailed analysis of this tire.

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,552 Posts
I had them on my ATS-V and I cannot recommend the tire. Wet traction was marginable at best. Dry traction was OK. This tire is not recommended for the snow. Buy the Continental DWS 06 plus or the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. Look at the Tirerack for a more detailed analysis of this tire.
Neither of those are winter tires. They are all-seasons. OP is looking for winter tires. All seasons simply cannot match the performance of summer tires or winter tires in their respective seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
250 Posts
Driving in the rain is a little sketchy from my experience. I can't imagine driving it in the snow. Not to mention I would not want a speck of salt to get on the car. Mine will be parked during the winter time but will turn it on weekly to get the fluids cycling.

Reactions: NorthernSRX

·
Premium Member
2023 CT5-V 3.0TT RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2010 CTS-4
4,779 Posts
Driving in the rain is a little sketchy from my experience. I can't imagine driving it in the snow. Not to mention I would not want a speck of salt to get on the car. Mine will be parked during the winter time but will turn it on weekly to get the fluids cycling.
I can't imagine driving a BW in the winter up here in Ottawa (where real winter lives for ~3 months of the year). My non-BW CT5-V is RWD and I am looking for a winter car to keep my new whip away from salt.

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
250 Posts
I can't imagine driving a BW in the winter up here in Ottawa (where real winter lives for ~3 months of the year). My non-BW CT5-V is RWD and I am looking for a winter car to keep my new whip away from salt.
I will say our Acura MDX Sport Hybrid is amazing in the snow even with all seasons on. But the snow beast is our Volvo with snow tires. I can't believe how good it is in the slippery stuff. The only aspect of that vehicle I don't like is because of the aerodynamics and how close the rear tires are to the rear bumper, it creates a giant rooster tail of mist in the rain and winter driving. I often see drivers fall back after I pass them because they can't see. It is a similar situation with Range Rovers. Those are also amazing in the snow too. But the very thought of driving the Blackwing in the snow seems insane from my view. No judgements on others. Just my perspective.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I plan to drive my BW year-round when I get it in a year or two (Toronto area). Hopefully someone here will have some winter driving experience to share this season, as I’m curious how it will handle a Canadian winter.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts