Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 biarritz 541
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,i am new to your site,for many years I have been compliling a complete roster of 59 Eldorado Biarritz survivors.
Have over 350 identified,still looking for the last 100 or so,I estimate that about 450 or so exist,it amazed me,that when you research a muscle car you can trace all production numbers,cars built,and so on,but with the 59 Biarritz,the most recognized american 50's car of all,nothing exists on it.

What I need on each car are,photos,body tag and vin numbers,and whatever ownership history is known.

All help is much appreciated,and information is kept confidential

Also looking for a car for myself.
This is my persian Biarritz # 541

thanks for your help,bill Refakis [email protected] 917-837-1150

Attachments

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
WOW!!!!!!

I love your car, no other car comes close to that capturing that 50's exuberant spirit quite like a 59 Cadillac convertible.

Looks like you spent a lot of $$$ and time on the restoration. Is your car Persian sand, that light metallic pink color? Or is it a sort of gold color?

·
Registered
59 biarritz 541
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually this car is a one owner before me,he is the head of one of the Cadillac Lasalle Club regions,the car was bought new by his mother,was painted(exterior only,not jambs,trunk,underhood in 78) oterwise all original,including floor mats,and TOP,with 27000 good weather miles on it!

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
Gorgeous car!!! Welcome to the forum and good luck on your research!

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
First off, greetings and salutations.

That car is GORGEOUS. The 1959 Cadillac is my favorite year of Caddy and I am truly jealous of you. I hope to own one someday.

Good luck with your research project. Let us know if results will ever be posted online - it'd be real interesting to see where they are now and what condition they are in (and whether someone's thinking of selling :D). All the best.

·
Registered
59 biarritz 541
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,I am happy for any info you can provide,some pictures,and a little background on the car would be great!

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Hi,I am happy for any info you can provide,some pictures,and a little background on the car would be great!
It's a 1959 Eldorado Biarritz. My dad got it 1984 from New Mexico. He's owned it since. It's been garage kept. This is an old picture of it, I'll have more when we take it out for the spring/summer this year.

·
Registered
59 biarritz 541
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,Photos would be great!
this is my 59 Coupe,this is the deville version of the Hampton green Biarritz color,29 k original car.
this is the body tag from my 59,this info is used to compute color and trim statistics,this is all I really need,no vin or personal info,its funny,Cadillac never kept any records of trim and option combos,hence stories like "99 bucket seats built" have been around forever,actuall of the 450 cars that I have researched,36% 0f them had buckets,and close to 34% were Persian sand!!

Thanks for your help,
Bill Refakis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts