Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1996 STS
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car from a dealership I work at when it came in on a trade. Our appraiser thought it had been wrecked, but it hadn't, so, they didn't give the guy anything for it. He only traded it because his wife wanted a new HEMI pickup. I picked it up for $5500 out the door. It had a brand new factory repaint(diamond white) one year ago because the fender was fading a little bit. It had one owner with all the service records, 75k miles, new brakes, new tires, serviced at 70k miles, and everything works except for the cruise control. I've attached a picture so you all could give me an honest evaluation. Thanks and I enjoy this forum. da324

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 STS, 1997 STS, 2002 SLS, 2007 CTS 3.6
378 Posts
da324 said:
I bought this car from a dealership I work at when it came in on a trade. Our appraiser thought it had been wrecked, but it hadn't, so, they didn't give the guy anything for it. He only traded it because his wife wanted a new HEMI pickup. I picked it up for $5500 out the door. It had a brand new factory repaint(diamond white) one year ago because the fender was fading a little bit. It had one owner with all the service records, 75k miles, new brakes, new tires, serviced at 70k miles, and everything works except for the cruise control. I've attached a picture so you all could give me an honest evaluation. Thanks and I enjoy this forum. da324
Wow...Sounds like you got a great deal expecially if the car has never been wrecked. I would have given 5,500 for it in a heartbeat. The place I got mine at wanted 4,400 and it's a 93 with a bunch of problems...

Nice find IMO.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Great car Dude! Fabulous price....I'd have bought it in a hot minute for that price!

You'd better junk it though 'cause it front wheel drive :D And we all know that FWD is good for nothing and should be destroyed....LOL,LOL :D :D

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
I agree, a good deal if it hasn't been in a wreck (FWD notwithstanding). :D

A bit strange though, that the appraiser thought that it had been hit AND it's been repainted. Was he going only by the repaint or were there other signs of repairs?

·
Registered
1996 STS
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's an old time car guy and thinks everything has been wrecked(ha, ha). Actually the the lowest ground faring had chips from road debris and he thought it was overspray but it wasn't. I only found out that it had been repainted when I did a carfax report. I called the guy and he only had it repainted because he had an expensive extended warranty and decided to use it before it expired and the fender was slighty faded. The guy also told me it had never been wrecked, so, I was happy with that. As for the FWD, I prefer RWD, but FWD handles better to me. Thanks for the reply, da324.

the Sandman said:
I agree, a good deal if it hasn't been in a wreck (FWD notwithstanding). :D

A bit strange though, that the appraiser thought that it had been hit AND it's been repainted. Was he going only by the repaint or were there other signs of repairs?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Great find!!! I would have given that much for it, I only wish I would have found that before the Q!! I wish you good luck, and hope that it lasts a long time!!!

The northstar is a great engine, and if you take care of it, it will take care of you!!!

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
da324 said:

Congratulations!
You made a good,... no, GREAT! buy. Take good care of that baby. Damn sure are good lookin cars. I haven't seen 'rice' that looks near as nice.

·
Registered
1994 STS - pearl white
140 Posts
da324 said:
and everything works except for the cruise control da324
Nice car! Looks a lot like my 94, except for the wheels.

As far as the cruise control: check the fuse for the rad fans. My cruise quit working a while ago. I also noticed the engine temp creeping up in gridlock and slow traffic lights. I found the fan fuse was blown & when I raplaced it, the cruise started working again. The lack of cruise is a nuisance, but the lack of rad fans will be trouble.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
da324 said:
not friggin bad. pretty friggin good actually.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You're real lucky with this car. I love cadillac pearl white paint; it looks so good with chrome and stuff in the sun light. One question though: how is the undercarriage? Was it properly cared for with undercoating and stuff or is it from a dry climate?

·
Registered
1996 STS
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
blkchrry92dvl said:
You're real lucky with this car. I love cadillac pearl white paint; it looks so good with chrome and stuff in the sun light. One question though: how is the undercarriage? Was it properly cared for with undercoating and stuff or is it from a dry climate?
The undercarriage is in great shape. I had one of the service guys put in on a lift for me before I bought it. The car is from Fla. and it's dry most of the time here except for a few months of rain. Thanks, donnie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts