1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this one below is with just the stock hid low and fogs off:

this one is with stock lows and hid fogs on:

Looks a little more white the the stock 4300k HIDs :hmm: I had read 6000k was the way to go, but decided to have it be a little less blue.. oh wells.. looks pretty sweet and i can always buy a 5000k low beam bulb

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Holy blue...big difference over the stock headlights color wise. I thought 5000k would have been fairly close.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
looks good, i would of expected them to be closer to stock too

damn my 8k 55watts are gonna be blue as fck, still need to install them

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
looks good, i would of expected them to be closer to stock too

damn my 8k 55watts are gonna be blue as fck, still need to install them
55 watt should wash some of the color out.

·
Registered
Cadillac
263 Posts
That looks just as blue as my 6000K fogs I just installed on mine. I don't have any pics with the lights on yet though.

·
Registered
CTS-V
572 Posts
It looks like the second picture shows the difference in color on the garage door. Yellow/brownish white and bright white.

I think the blue is because the lights must be messing with the camera's white balance. Look at the last two pictures and compare the street light in the background. The top one looks yellow and the bottom looks white.

I was gonna order 5000k but don't want them too blue. Maybe the OP can clear this up a bit for us.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
If you want to match the stock headlights, get 35w 4500K H10's from ddmtuning. They look bada$$!!
Lolly - Did you install these on your V??? How do you know for sure? I'm still trying to finalize this to match the stock headlights.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts