Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the wheel hop minimized enough with bushings and/or kit that it will handle the high HP? How durable are the rear ends w/ the wheel hop fixed, do they also stand up to high HP?

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Meater said:
How durable are the rear ends w/ the wheel hop fixed, do they also stand up to high HP?
That's like the $1,000,000 question

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
As much as I love HP. I'm having trouble finding worthy competitors with my little bolt ons. I scare em away with the exhaust.
So who would I find to play with 500+hp???:hmm:

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the same problem.. in 7 months i have had only 21 races, mostly bmw's and vipers, and pissed off vette owners, and one mercedes.. and a few vintage rods that was fun runs.. so far im holding up.. but scared, and scared to admit it... 100 to 150 mph runs and something goes pop, i doubt i will be able to tell you what happened in here.. if i can only get this final process worked out of changing this rear end, i will be so damn relieved.. i will update as i can

i have a major condo business in florida on the gulf coast, i must get it ready for this coming spring break.. we will be hit hard since there is not alot of places for college breaker to go.. just those 3 months brings us in over 2.5 million... so you see my time is really scarce atm..

later blitzer

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'll have 505 when I get my Z =)

Blitzer I hope your company advertises at Virginia Tech, we have tons of kids who want a place for spring break !

Jonathan

·
Registered
573 Posts
Man pm me your business addy, i will send spring breal flyers..
MTv shows up every year, and one of my biggest condo units is ony a 10 min walk from Club LaVela & Spinnakers... Springbreakers have a blast from destin to panama city florida...

The only thing the Law hates is drunk drivers.. they will cut you slack on walking with an open container though, as long as you dont start any bs.. other than that... it is a great spring break hang out... OMG the college girls out number the guys like 9 to 1..
and man im not jokinglol... MTV does the bikini contest, and all the usuall activities..
The good thing about my places... it is gated.. so it makes the girls safe.. and you dont have to worry about crazy asses crashing your parties.. we use arm bracelets and passes, and key cards to get gate open.. that way you dont have to worry about your car getting vandalized, and if you drink too much it is only 10 min down the road, 5 by taxi..

later blitzer

·
Registered
69 Posts
BliTzer said:
Man pm me your business addy, i will send spring breal flyers..
MTv shows up every year, and one of my biggest condo units is ony a 10 min walk from Club LaVela & Spinnakers... Springbreakers have a blast from destin to panama city florida...

The only thing the Law hates is drunk drivers.. they will cut you slack on walking with an open container though, as long as you dont start any bs.. other than that... it is a great spring break hang out... OMG the college girls out number the guys like 9 to 1..
and man im not jokinglol... MTV does the bikini contest, and all the usuall activities..
The good thing about my places... it is gated.. so it makes the girls safe.. and you dont have to worry about crazy asses crashing your parties.. we use arm bracelets and passes, and key cards to get gate open.. that way you dont have to worry about your car getting vandalized, and if you drink too much it is only 10 min down the road, 5 by taxi..

later blitzer
Blitz...I'm in Panama City...holler when you're in town...particularly if you have your ride...I've only seen two other V's...both stock. Jim Mitchell (850) 832-9927

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
willsctsv said:
As much as I love HP. I'm having trouble finding worthy competitors with my little bolt ons. I scare em away with the exhaust.
So who would I find to play with 500+hp???:hmm:

So what are you trying to say,...500 is too much now? There is plenty of SRt4's that will give you a run for your money,..or blow most cars doors in,...easily.

Last weekend,...I raced, and beat a 412WHP SRT-4 with him on pump gas,..on race fuell he is at 488 to the wheels.

Move to south Florida,...500 hp ain't shi*t nowadays.

You need 600 to the wheels to be a badass here,....unless your lightweight,...and around 400 + to the wheels and can HOOK.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
I haven't seen a lot of competition here in SoCal. I READ about it (e.g. Koop), but don't experience any come-ons. Weird karma. I got 585 big ones for somebody, but I guess I don't hang on the right roads.

OTOH, maybe I'm not giving out the right vibes. I'm not keen on paying outrageous insurance premiums, losing my license, or going to jail. So maybe that comes across in granny driving habits. Also, I play nice with my differential so there's no peeling out and not a lot of downshift+full throttle.

Maybe I could post a sign on the outside of the car:

"READY TO STREET RACE!"
(Conditions)
  • Wife/children not in vehicle
  • Must be a rolling start to protect rear end
  • No traffic
  • Daylight & clear views of surrounding area to spot cops
  • No current points against my license
  • Vmax = posted limit + 20

·
Registered
325 Posts
OTOH, maybe I'm not giving out the right vibes. I'm not keen on paying outrageous insurance premiums, losing my license, or going to jail. So maybe that comes across in granny driving habits. Also, I play nice with my differential so there's no peeling out and not a lot of downshift+full throttle.

Maybe I could post a sign on the outside of the car:

"READY TO STREET RACE!"
(Conditions)

Wife/children not in vehicle
Must be a rolling start to protect rear end
No traffic
Daylight & clear views of surrounding area to spot cops
No current points against my license
Vmax = posted limit + 20

Too funny. Unfortunatley I feel the same way. What happened to the good old days when we were young an ignorant. Ignorance was bliss...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts