Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tell us when the Cops hand you a razor blade and have you remove the tint on the spot:rolleyes:

Your rear bezel is hurting!!
well dont you just love to hate:D. they do not make you remove the tint on the spot. they give you a fix-it ticket. trust me i get pulled over all the time for tint.

Your paint looks very thirsty.
what does that mean?

and does any one care to pay any attention to my tint?

·
Registered
00 ETC 02 Lighting
16 Posts
I used to put 5% on when I was younger, but got tired of rolling down the windows at night so I didn't hit things.

Just put 15% on the sides and 5% on the back window on my ESC. Next car I think I'll go 1 step lighter.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I had 5% on my Impala SS years ago and like many have mentioned, it's almost as hard to see out as it is to see in. You pretty much have to ride around with the windows down at night. It looks great on black cars, but there are definately drawbacks to having it done.

On any other color, I find that I prefer lighter tints as pure black is too contrasting and draws the eye away from the car itself.

Maybe I'm getting old, but my last few cars I've just left looking like an aquarium. Tint really isn't needed where I live (it's overcast and cold more often than not :p ) and I heard that they issue real ticets anymore for it, not just fix-its (my SS had the tint reapplied 3 times due to fix it tickets; put it on, get caught, take it off, get the ticket cleared, put it on...)

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
5% tint. for all you p****s that are afraid to go dark:D

Day:

Night:

Burnout:D:

first half

second half
I think the attitude in your post is getting you a little flack.. Yes, I like dark tint as well. I always ask for 5% but I never seem to get it. I don't care - my windows are pretty dark. And like Gothicaleigh said, on a lighter car, the dark windows do draw from the rest of the vehicle...

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
Rb nice pics man Im loving the tints next time take a kodak of the inside . was thinking of going 5% ,but was a afraid of not being able to see at night

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I just don't get it guys. 95% of the light is blocked!! Man, how safe is that?
My wife's Magnum has 35% tint and early moring backing out of the driveway I can't see sh!t!! I have to open the doors to make sure nothing is behind me. Koz said Gangsta but I'm think more like Ghetto...gold chains and 22s:stirpot:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I will give you a positive reply.

Nice tints, no fear going dark!

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Man! That really looks gangsta!
:histeric:

So do you have to have 5% to do burn outs in parking lots??!?!

Seriously though, I'm a fan of dark tint on dark cars. Looks good IMO.:cool2: 15% is dark enough for me though & I've never had any issues seeing at night either. But with 5%, it a good thing the CTS has fog lights for reverse lights!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts