Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the gas prices will rise $2 per gallon after the hurricane hits tonight? I heard CNN is predicting $5/gallon prices :eek: :bonkers:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Katrina saw them rise $.70 then drop off to a $.25 increase, please explain to me how this could magnify the effect 3 fold- the media is selling on doom and gloom...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant explain how it would effect it that much. Thats why I was wondering what you guys thought about that, I just posted what I heard.

·
Banned
16,105 Posts
The Katrina storm effected prices drastically here as well. The Texas storm will likely wipe out several refineries and limit production, thus increasing prices. Many countries, including Canada have begun to increase output to help offset the increase in prices, but this is getting ridiculous already, and I have to buy premium!

I bet this will have a lot of people thinking twice about driving to the corner store when they could just walk in the first place...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
boombotz said:
I feel this fits better in the lounge, Might get a good discusion out of it.
Since when did you become a moderator? :ripped: J/K

The gas probably won't hit the $5.00 mark, but it is likely to increase to post-Katrina levels for another few weeks.

Also, last I checked, Rita was downgraded to a cat. 4 storm. I'll check again real quick and see where the wet bitch is at...To the TV to check the weather...

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
I highly doubt the $5 mark. Yes, of course they will rise, but that much? No way. Looks like we're going to get a bit of Rita down here.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Basically the media is trying to inflate the story to make people watch. If it does hit $5/gallon, I guess I will..........pay it! I'm pretty sure that we won't even see $4/gallon, possibly $3, but definetly not $5.

Pay it, grin it, bear it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
here’s my 2 cents, there’s no shortage of crude, we have our own refineries up here, I live within 5 miles in Pittsburgh of 3 of them, so why in the hell would this effect us, and after a hurricane don’t ya think the demand drops quite a bit? I mean look at new Orleans, all of those vehicles are under water, most to be never driven again, lmfao, I love my country but fear my government, the media is working the front for the oil co's, to see what the countries reaction is to the possibility, CALL IT MARKET RESEARCH. They have these gas prices so screwed up, by the time things do settle everyone will be happy to pay $3 a gallon, lmfao that’s double what it was 1 1/2 years ago.

The only way this country is ever going to be right again is to have a revolution, but everyone’s too much of a p#ssy for that to happen.

Iraq

Hurricanes

230 billion dollar highway bill

Equals, if we stay on this track were going to become 3rd world, were already flooded with immigrants.

My 2 cents worth, anyone want to give me change?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
SpeedyArizona said:
Basically the media is trying to inflate the story to make people watch. If it does hit $5/gallon, I guess I will..........pay it! I'm pretty sure that we won't even see $4/gallon, possibly $3, but definetly not $5.

Pay it, grin it, bear it!
Apparently with the selection of cars you have, you can afford to say "Pay it, grin it, bear it" without a second thought to the vast majority of those out there who are strapped for cash and can do nothing other than drive to and from work. Unfortunately, many people just can't grin and bear it like those who have the cash for the gas.

That aside, I too agree that $5.00 will never be seen with this storm, and the spike, if any, will not be as bad as some are making it out to be. The spike will also be temporary.

·
Registered
70 Posts
illumina said:
Apparently with the selection of cars you have, you can afford to say "Pay it, grin it, bear it" without a second thought to the vast majority of those out there who are strapped for cash and can do nothing other than drive to and from work. Unfortunately, many people just can't grin and bear it like those who have the cash for the gas.

That aside, I too agree that $5.00 will never be seen with this storm, and the spike, if any, will not be as bad as some are making it out to be. The spike will also be temporary.
KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!

and its the ones who piss the money away who dont have it forever!

I honestly dont like to buy a car or spend money if it isnt going to MAKE me money

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
There was a report on Yahoo that said they won't stay high long. When it hit 3 bucks, the demand for gasoline went down 30%. I have a car that gets 30 MPG on regular, has decent power and it is a rag top :cool:. Why do you have to run premium?!? I run regular in the Northstar, so I know the 4.9 will do fine on it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
my 1990 4.5 ran like sh!t on regular. for the 20 cents difference i just run the premium myself. 20 cents isnt a big enough savings for me, and id probably get worse mileage, its the freaking double price from a year and a half ago that has me outraged, THIS IS ALL AFFILIATED WITH THE WAR, THE GOVT JUST WONT ADMIT IT.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ralph said:
My 4.9 lacks a knock sensor, the newer Northstars have them like on my Dad's 2003 DTS and he runs regular just fine. If I don't run premium my engine knocks like Mike Tyson in the ring.
:want::cycle: lmfao that was funny

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If you're going to run premium in the 4.9 liter, then you might as well advance the timing 3 degrees and get the benefits of better fuel mileage and performance from the advanced timing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also doubt it.

Just looking at some numbers over at the New York Mercantile Exchange. they are not as high right now as when Katrina hit. Traders are usually pretty quick to pick up on this and they will be the first to panic. Well, they havn't been paniking, so I'm not worried.

It's just a major over-reaction on their part.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts