Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the installation an hour ago. I'm happy as hell, to bad my neighbors aren't! Wife's begging me not to rev the engine until after I leave the neighborhood. Life is great!
Even took it for a test drive top speed of 140. Sounded perfect all the way through.

Only drone I experienced was when driving at 65 in 6th gear and slowly accelerating. But to tune it out all I had to do was turn up my music! Problem solved.

I have a video pulling into my driveway that I may try and post. Stand by.

SHOUT OUT TO STEALTHV. Hell of a deal on the exhaust, did a great job of packaging (he has an insane shrink wrap fetish) and shipping, and plenty of help through the whole installation process. If he's selling it please don't hesitate buying it.
How I wish, I would've jumped on the headers he had, but that would've been too loud for my neighbors.

Good night, just finished my Pyrat Rum smoothie:alchi: I'm out for the count!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Sounds good! Why didnt you rev it up in the video? haha jk Neighbors would have probably been even more pissed!:thehand:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Needs more Kooks. :D

Just kidding- sounds great! Burble burble burble........

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Wife's begging me not to rev the engine until after I leave the neighborhood. Life is great!
My wife says that my dog has leaned the sound of my car, and now runs to the garage door barking about 30 seconds before I pull up (I guess he can hear it that far away).

Yes, life is great. :D

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
Me - (to wife... while looking at the dining room wall adjacent to the garage) "Why are all the pictures hanging on that wall crooked?" :confused:

Her - "Duh... you figure it out.. Mr. 'V' owner" :rolleyes: (rolling her eyes and shaking her head at her clueless husband)

One of my chores now, since adding the B&B, is 'picture frame straightening' :thepan:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh extra chores. I imagine, I'll be getting some too!
Well gettin ready to take her for the first trip to work. There I can have all the fun I want! They even drag race in front of the building. Now I'll be ready.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Just finished the installation an hour ago. I'm happy as hell, to bad my neighbors aren't! Wife's begging me not to rev the engine until after I leave the neighborhood. Life is great!
Even took it for a test drive top speed of 140. Sounded perfect all the way through.

Only drone I experienced was when driving at 65 in 6th gear and slowly accelerating. But to tune it out all I had to do was turn up my music! Problem solved.

I have a video pulling into my driveway that I may try and post. Stand by.

SHOUT OUT TO STEALTHV. Hell of a deal on the exhaust, did a great job of packaging (he has an insane shrink wrap fetish) and shipping, and plenty of help through the whole installation process. If he's selling it please don't hesitate buying it.
How I wish, I would've jumped on the headers he had, but that would've been too loud for my neighbors.

Good night, just finished my Pyrat Rum smoothie:alchi: I'm out for the count!
I have the headers and they will be going on tomorrow after I get a baseline!

I was happy to see the headers wrapped up as well as they were. When I got the Headers from Kooks it looked like it was a huge bother to pack them up so they decided it wasn't worth the effort just throw them in the box. As far as the kooks headers quality, Sorry if I offend any of the members but the quality of the B&B's is soooooo much better.

I will post some vid if I can figure out how to do it.

B&B Headers, X-Pipe, B&B Exhaust... I live in a fairly queit neighborhood and I am probably going to pi$$ someone off!

If you have the B&B exhaust I think it's a no brainer - GO WITH THE B&B HEADERS!

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
Was the whole thing disassembled? Or did did he just leave it all assembled? Did you need any new gasksets?

I'm buying the same thing from 1MEANV. :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was the whole thing disassembled? Or did did he just leave it all assembled? Did you need any new gasksets?

I'm buying the same thing from 1MEANV. :)
Had to reassemble it. Rick included new copper gaskets.
I had everything I needed. My only concern was the bushings, the instruction showed a thin and a thick, but that was the old way. I only need the thick ones.

I don't see why anyone would sell these besides, complaints from wives, neighboors, and Cops!:highfive:

I know it'll take an act of God (or some heavy fines) to get mines off. Boy she sounds good. Just finished taking a break to go to the parking lot, to show some co-workers!

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
I don't see why anyone would sell these besides, complaints from wives, neighboors, and Cops!:highfive:
Cops? Yep.
Wife? Yep.
Neighbors? Bah.

After hearing the video I've got a severe case of B&B seller's remose. But it sounds like everything went to good homes where they will be loved and enjoyed. Are we talking about puppies?

:D

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I hung plastic disposable ear plugs and a little kind note on each neighbor's door....

oh yeah....in a 4 block radius:eek::thumbsup::alchi:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hung plastic disposable ear plugs and a little kind note on each neighbor's door....

oh yeah....in a 4 block radius:eek::thumbsup::alchi:
That's not a bad Idea. I have them in stock too.
That could be like an early christmas present:thumbsup:

"Now you can't say I never gave you anything."

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Don't you think letting them hear that awesome exhaust tone at 07:00 am is gift enough?

I am going to keep on giving every morning!

Actually my other vehilce is a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram Diesel, Even with the headers and the exhaust on the V it's still quieter! See, just need to be completely obnoxious then when your just obnoxious they will be happy...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts