Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my friend raced this 2004 wrx last night in his 5.0 mustang. It was a dead straight away so it was cool. The kid didn't know how to drive it. We spun our tires alll the way to 2nd and we were still keeping up with him. he was keeping up with us until we got to fourth then he was gone behind us. Those things really do loose it when the hit fourth, that's why I always say they're great off the line, but top speed sucks because it takes forever to get there.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Most people who street race don't know what they're doing. If they did, they'd save it for the track.

But if one of those little *****s revs on you, you're obligated to do your duty. Nice kill.

Unfortunately, somewhere, on some Scooby board in cyberspace, the same punk has probably posted a story about how he killed you either because you spun your tires through 2nd gear, or when he did one of those "fly-bys".

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh no, he never got passed us. we were stopped at a stop light sign thing because the power was out in that part of town so the lights were flashing like a regular stop sign. so we were dead stopped at a straight away and they even got a little head start.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
those things are quick if driven properly (5000+rpm launches are crazy). Friend of mine has the sti and holy mother of god. 300hp/300lbft + awd = Godlike grip at launch.

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
The WRX/STI and Lancer EVO are all quick, but not top end fast. The cars are built to be explosive in a certain range, which is the 0-80 range. Reason, rally designed peoples. Those are the peak speeds for rally races. Plus, despite plenty of gears, the gearing itself is damn short. I wouldn't doubt they nose down at 100 or more.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
ShadowLvr400 said:
The WRX/STI and Lancer EVO are all quick, but not top end fast. The cars are built to be explosive in a certain range, which is the 0-80 range. Reason, rally designed peoples. Those are the peak speeds for rally races. Plus, despite plenty of gears, the gearing itself is damn short. I wouldn't doubt they nose down at 100 or more.
very good point indeed. Fact that awd systems lose more power through drivetrain than any 2wd car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts