Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
What was your price and model number again? I thought the one you gave me was fanless anyhow?

The Flex-a-Lite is a 45321 and yes it is fanless. To add the fan it would have been another $100.

Check with Ryan (1madstsv)

Discussion starter · #26 ·
So can we assume the cooling upgrades will be beneficial or not really do much for the price?

I cant send ryan a PM, so ryan can you tell us the model# of the pump you will be using?

So can we assume the cooling upgrades will be beneficial
Any upgrade will be better than the stock exchanger. It remains to be seen if removing the stock exchanger all together to a FMIC or changing the stock exchanger and adding a FMIC is better. As you know I am going the route of changing the stock exchanger AND adding the FMIC. So we'll see what my IAT2 do. I am toying with the idea of doing it in steps so I know the benefits of each change. Just don't know if I want to pull off the front clip twice.....

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I see. Can someone PM ryan and get the model# hes using for the IC pump? I'd like to get this stuff ordered and do it myself with the spectre intake and pulley before I go to Jessie.

Any upgrade will be better than the stock exchanger. It remains to be seen if removing the stock exchanger all together to a FMIC or changing the stock exchanger and adding a FMIC is better. As you know I am going the route of changing the stock exchanger AND adding the FMIC. So we'll see what my IAT2 do. I am toying with the idea of doing it in steps so I know the benefits of each change. Just don't know if I want to pull off the front clip twice.....
When you say "changing the stock exchanger and addaing a FMIC", are you referring to running two heat exchangers? If so, would you stack them? It would certainly add volume to the system.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I also wondered that. Would there be too much flow interruption with two exchangers? Anyone got ryans email address? I want to stop at summit after work

Heat exchanger is on eBay also the pump so all I have is eBay item #s
HE # cxr-he002 over all size 31.5-9.5-3.5 core 24-8-2.5
This is the same h/e that coach123 has on his car.
Water pump # cxr-wp-50-04 8gal/min.
Wp $49+44 shipping
H/e $119+85
My email is turboz1madls1@yahoo.com for any one who has ?

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Hmmm, after reviewing the Flex-A-Lite vs the ebay one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390299133502&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) vs (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160558046419&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

It appears as if the ebay one is much larger, and holds more fluid but only has 2 cooling rows. While the flex-a-lite has less total area, but has 6 cooling rows.

What are the trade offs?
The one that Ryan bought has many cooling rows. Whoever filled out the ebay ad is an idiot. That heat exchanger will be a good match for the car and better than the flex a lite one.

The FMIC would be MUCH better than the Flex-a-Lite alone. I am taking out the extremely restrictive factory exchanger and replacing it with the Flex-a-Lite AND adding the FMIC. So capacity will be more than just the FMIC and the outputs of the Flex-a-Lite are the same as my FMIC so there will not be any restrictions. I am going to go out of the Supercharger into the Flex-a-Lite to scrub off as much heat as I can before it goes into the FMIC. I am also now thinking of adding a storage tank above the Flex-a-Lite to further add capacity by an additional 56oz.

The FMIC would be MUCH better than the Flex-a-Lite alone. I am taking out the extremely restrictive factory exchanger and replacing it with the Flex-a-Lite AND adding the FMIC. So capacity will be more than just the FMIC and the outputs of the Flex-a-Lite are the same as my FMIC so there will not be any restrictions. I am going to go out of the Supercharger into the Flex-a-Lite to scrub off as much heat as I can before it goes into the FMIC. I am also now thinking of adding a storage tank above the Flex-a-Lite to further add capacity by an additional 56oz.
Not a bad plan there. Extra water capacity should help on the dyno where you don't have 100mph air going over the coolers.

I also have a cobra tank I'm going to use that can be packed with ice when at the track our dyno. Total should be 1.7 gal. So if this can't get the temps down with the meth I'm selling the car. And one want it it's cheep.

I am just worried about where to put it in the system. Should I go out of the Supercharger, into the Tank? Or would that just heat it up more..... Because of heat just not sure ...... Space and plumbing will become an issue.

Any part numbers in mind for the additional reservoir?
There are a couple I am looking at. Canton Racing makes one that is a full gallon or Spectre has one the is 56oz. that is just over 3/4 a gallon. The Spectre is a round 3" tube that is about 20" long so it would fit above the Flex-a-Lite. The Canton is like a true overflow tank and is bigger and rectangular so I don't know where it would go. Space will be an issue and I don't want to put anything in the trunk so we'll see.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.