Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why oh why would a (seemingly) stock 4th gen. Mustang purposely go out of his way to mess with a CTS-V? The 4th gen Mustangs (1994-2004) are the ones that are generally really pathetic performance cars; fortunately, the 5th gen. Mustangs are much better, but that is another story...

Granted, this Mustang driver had no clue that the V he was messing with was equipped with a Maggie (& a few other mods), but STILL...

Cruising down the 15 at, say 80-85, I pass such Mustang. Apparently, he took umbrage at me passing him. He downshifts and mats the accelerator pedal, passing me at who knows how fast, then slows down once he is a few 100 feet in front of me.

After I stopped laughing, I decided what the hell. I'll show him what V performance is all about. I gently downshift to 4th gear and slowly depress the pedal, catching up to him with relative ease.

Leaving the V in 4th gear, I got right along side of him, clearly sending the message, "okay--anytime you're ready." He floors it. I can see the front end of the Mustang lift ever so gently. I nail the V and pull away from him as easy as Carl Lewis would if he were racing an old lady with a walker.

I wind out 4th gear and finally shut it down. At this point, he has become a small dot in my rear-view mirror. I slow down to cruising speed, snickering the entire time.

I figure he wouldn't want anymore, but here he comes again...

This time, when he gets along me, flooring it the entire time, I floor it for just a second, let completely off the accelerator, let me catch -up, floor it again, let off, over and over again.

I wasn't sure if I was stoked about the performance of my car or the sheer patheticness of the Mustang.

Needless to say, I couldn't provoke the silly Subaru WRX guy to get his a$$ handed to him... all I could get was a lame Mustang that was probably stock and had no chance...:banghead:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Nice Kill. What a wanker.

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
I think you call that a ricer fly bye, only thing is it wasn't a ricer!
I guess they think that when you pass em and leave em behind about 50 cars, the horsepower fairies suddeny bestow upon them 300 more hores. That's how they catch up to you. Then they want to show you so they keep it floored as they pass you to show you what there made of. Yes, pathetic.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
You know what I've noticed once? It's not that he thought he could smoke you. Actually I take that back. Maybe he thought he could the first time. The subsequent times was to probably just drool on his lap seeing you leave him with ease.

One of those Mitsubishi Eclipse with a loud blowoff valve on his turbo wanted to race me. He was young and challenged me. At the time the V was stock. We took off at the light and I smoked him. As he passed by catching me up, his hot blonde girlfriend was yelling like almost cheering. The boyfriend who was driving was giving me thumbs up. I took a quick right turn to avoid them. That was weird for me. What I'm trying to say is, to me it seemed the guy just wanted to see a car he rarely sights, to perform for him. Like seeing a Great White for the first time and actually seeing him attack with veracity on its prey. :D

Anyhow, good job and kill it when you can. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Depends on the dude drivin & the car. He might have a few mods that make the car a decent runner, doesn't take much for even that year range stang to reach mid 13 numbers, which generally is enough to play around.

He could've been a jerk to swat twice, could've been in dismay & just wanted to see you do that again, but I'm a glass half full kinda guy. Either way, always fun to flex the V power over the unexpecting, expecially a Maggie-V.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how some people have no idea of the performance of their car versus another. I had a guy in a Buick Lucerne try to beat me on I-95

u g l y

Like Clint Eastwood said, a man has got to know his limitations.

nice double kill

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
willsctsv said:
I think you call that a ricer fly bye, only thing is it wasn't a ricer!
It's funny you say that...

Some Eclipse did a "fly-by" later that drive as well. I think it took him all of about 3/4 throttle to realize he had no chance... :lildevil:

I wanted to kill the Subaru, but he wouldn't play.

The main car on my hit list remains the E55 AMG...let's see how we do against that monster... :want:

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
I also would like a piece of the E55/or CLS55. I already smoked a CLK55 AMG when the V was stock! The guys were cool in the Benz, Thumbs up everytime we went up into triple digits!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nope I'm in MD .. sorry.

D.

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Best victories are against 60 year old guys driving stock muscle cars who think all new cars are junk and the last good car was built in 1975!!!! :crybaby:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts