Cadillac Owners Forum banner

4t80e Valve body

4611 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Aztec ETC ECS
Hi, looking for info and havent found anything. I want to replace the shifting solenoids in a 1994 sts. i see about 20 bolts in the valve body and i want ot find out which ones i need to drop it and do the solenoids. hate to remove the wrong ones and find pieces all over the floor

thanks
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I have never personally taken one apart but I think the lower valve body is pretty fool proof.
Are you suggesting then that just remove them all? I had one tranny shop give me a picture that showed 4 bolts that were'nt to be removed. This is what started this. take them all out or leave those four in or is there something else that im missing??? thats todays burning question.
Are you suggesting then that just remove them all? I had one tranny shop give me a picture that showed 4 bolts that were'nt to be removed. This is what started this. take them all out or leave those four in or is there something else that im missing??? thats todays burning question.
Does this help? ..Save image, then enlarge.
thanks for the pic and links. i went to another tranny shop and the also have a pic with the 4 bolts that dont get removed. Ill give it a whirl and see what happens. My next post may be how to put the valve body back together LOL

thanks everyone
I am NOT speaking form experience at all. I was just going by what I've heard people say and even that's without specifics.

If someone told you not to remove 4 of the bolts, don't remove them LOL
Hi, on the same job myself ! What 4 bolts?? lol
no worries. you can remove any bolts you see. the valve body is held together by bolts on the backside that you cannot see when you drop the pan so it will not "fall apart' if you take out too many bolts. the VB will not separate by mistake if you think you took out too many.
^Yea, that.
Once the body is out, you're gonna need to split it anyway to get the solenoid clips out if it was never touched before.
I always put the clips in from the outside when replacing, to make it easier to do next time.
But there really shouldn't be a next time if the screen bracket is installed.
Take it apart slowly and carefully so you don't ask, "Where do the balls go?"
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.