Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 sedan deville 4.9
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning folks, a few weeks ago I was on the highway doing about 65 in overdrive when I suddenly felt like my transmission stopped engaging then suddenly kicked back in. When I got off the highway and pulled off from a dead stop while still in overdrive the car wouldn't move in overdrive or 3rd. I then put it in 2nd and got back up to around 30 mph and put it back in overdrive and the car continued to drive just fine. When I got to work I pulled the dip stick and found the fluid smelling burnt up and one piece of metal shaving on the dip stick. As of I can still put it in 1st and move it with no issue and reverse is also strong. My main question is can I still save this by doing the filter/fluid change or is it rebuild time for sure?

·
Registered
1992 DeVille
2,339 Posts
so sorry to hear this drew =\ good luck my man. had you been hard on it or easy on it and it still happened??

----------

how many miles did you get out of the trans??

Im with the other guys on this one.

·
Registered
1994 sedan deville 4.9
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so sorry to hear this drew =\ good luck my man. had you been hard on it or easy on it and it still happened??

----------

how many miles did you get out of the trans??

Im with the other guys on this one.
I'm at 138 k now I pulled the pan and noticed out of the 3 lines one of them is easily removable..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts