Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got home, rather shaken up, she'd just seen an accident, a BMW was going round a corner infront of her, oversteered and spun into a hedge, she hit the same patch of black ice, and the car just stayed put, she was going about the same speed she said, so it wasnt the BMW driving badly.

Everyone in the BMW was fine, she stopped to check, they jsut drove it out of the hedge and went on their way. She came home shaking and explained, she was driving at 30 all the way home from there. She seems to think had the car not been AWD she would have done the same thing.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL IN THE SNOW FOLKS!

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
That black ice can be deadly!
Glad she's OK!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kev said:
That black ice can be deadly!
Glad she's OK!
Cars are securely garaged for the night now, we arent going out, nobody is elaving this house until its daylight now. Its too dangerous.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Time to stoke up the fire and snuggle in with something warm and cuddly! :D
(and I don't mean the family dogs!)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kev said:
LOL

FIres have been lit all day, all of my radiators are blasting heat. Were all good here.

The dogs are curled up in front of me at the fire, Claire is cooking dinner.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
LOL

FIres have been lit all day, all of my radiators are blasting heat. Were all good here.

The dogs are curled up in front of me at the fire, Claire is cooking dinner.
Well, maybe after dinner you might do a little "cooking" for her, you know, return the favor? :devil:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
damn..thats good the VW had 4 motion

I wish my deville had some sort of AWD...lol

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Dude! We have family staying!
Never stopped us.. whatsamatter?! No door on the master bedroom?! LOL

Now that I think of it though, most wives get more satisfaction out of their hubbies doing the dishes and vacuuming....

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kev said:
Never stopped us.. whatsamatter?! No door on the master bedroom?! LOL

Now that I think of it though, most wives get more satisfaction out of their hubbies doing the dishes and vacuuming....
No but the Lounge is directly below it!

Thats also true, or you could do what I do and hire a maid

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
so this is what happens when Brits drive in snow... i can fix that, you will never have to worry about snow again... move to Southern California with Kev!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
so this is what happens when Brits drive in snow... i can fix that, you will never have to worry about snow again... move to Southern California with Kev!
Its what happens when BMW drivers drive in the snow!

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
Yes, he could but he probably wouldn't like the cost of housing here though he would likely come out OK. Also, when it rains here folks on the road seam to forget how to keep traction! They are so used to good weather they don't know how to act when it rains! :cookoo: :bang2:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kev said:
Yes, he could but he probably wouldn't like the cost of housing here though he would likely come out OK. Also, when it rains here folks on the road seam to forget how to keep traction! They are so used to good weather they don't know how to act when it rains! :cookoo: :bang2:
Thats funny because we dont know how to act when its dry!

We plan to go somewhere in NA / Canada when we retire, so Cali is a maybe

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Thats funny because we dont know how to act when its dry!

We plan to go somewhere in NA / Canada when we retire, so Cali is a maybe
Well you just may have to look me up if you do! That would be terrific!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kev said:
Well you just may have to look me up if you do! That would be terrific!
Indeed!

Unfortunately we have to get really old first, because Claire has some time before retiremement, though. She may take early retirement if i can persuade her, I dont want her teaching until shes 60!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Kev said:
For some of us, there's no other alternative, (unless I count the cats). Not all of us have lovely wives like you and Craig.

Glad to hear that Claire is OK. I don't mind driving in snow, but black ice is a killer.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gdwriter said:
For some of us, there's no other alternative, (unless I count the cats). Not all of us have lovely wives like you and Craig.

Glad to hear that Claire is OK. I don't mind driving in snow, but black ice is a killer.
Thanks for your kind words. She is positive that had she been in the S she would have done the same thing as the Beemer and probably hit it.

Shes sitting int he snug ( a little room off the library with a log burner) reading at the moment with a stiff drink, glad to be home. Snow still bleaching down here.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
gdwriter said:
..and that is precisely why it is up to guys like Craig and I to do our part for the rest of manhood around the world. To be beacons of light and hope to those unfortunate, hapless saps who've been jilted, dumped or overlooked. To boldly go where others wish they could! To............ oh, never mind......

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kev said:
..and that is precisely why it is up to guys like Craig and I to do our part for the rest of manhood around the world. To be beacons of light and hope to those unfortunate, hapless saps who've been jilted, dumped or overlooked. To boldly go where others wish they could! To............ oh, never mind......
:yup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts