Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 'Lade
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the unit to be factory to the truck and never been replaced which would put 244k miles on it. Yes, I know this an ass-load for one of these.

The weekend before last I had engine problems but the transmission was working as expected during the test drives and for the years before that we have owned the truck. The truck sat during that week while I did the mechanicing. The weekend after making the repairs and driving it again the transmission was acting up.

The reverse selected fine but it then took time for the trans to "catch up" to the engine RPM to finish moving the truck.

Same thing in first. From a dead stop the trans takes a few seconds to "catch up" to the engine RPM. If the RPM's are a little high it is definite slipping. 2 - 3 - 4 seem to work fine.

I'll start by saying transmissions are voodoo to me since I have never had reason to tinker with one. The other side of the flywheel I am just fine with.

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 310,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,157 Posts
I have close to 300k on ours shifts, runs smooth as silk, I even do a considerable amount of towing.

I would drop the $150/200 on having the fluid flushed. Sure beats the $2000.00 tranny replacement. Or what ever a torque converter will cost.

Go to a reputable transmission shop, you might just get lucky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts