Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am discounting the 2009 CTS-V Any one in stock as of today for $4750.00 Off MSRP..

If you are looking for a deal give me a call.

Scott Pratt
810-225-1228

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Sounds like something GM is offering to further help move the cars in response to their BK filing. Good time to buy in my mind.

GM isn't going anywhere...

·
Registered
CTS-V
238 Posts
Sounds like something GM is offering to further help move the cars in response to their BK filing. Good time to buy in my mind.

GM isn't going anywhere...
Agree they're not going anywhere (although many dealers will be), but the value of a used GM may be heading down even further and faster than "normal". Now would be a good time to roll out employee pricing or 0% financing across the line. Sales are down 50% or more already, month to month. I think there's lots of folks who'd buy a V, but $65k is a lot to hang out there on a resale gamble. I personally don't want to lose 60% or more in 3 years.

I like cars as much as anyone, but I gotta eat, too. (This from a guy who got offered $10k by a german dealer on a 20k '05 V still under cert warranty.) I'm no 'baller and really can't afford $1 a mile depreciation, net of finance costs.

Similar to the housing deal, I think its safe to say there's lots of folks who can afford a new car (not just GM), but in this climate just don't want to.
Too much capital in, too much risk to take huge hits. Similar to GM not wanting to lease these cars -- they could, but why take the risk, when shifting it to the consumer works better. Fair enough, but in any business risk comes with a price tag, and GM has to do something to get people to buy into the risk.

Brian

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Similar to the housing deal, I think its safe to say there's lots of folks who can afford a new car (not just GM), but in this climate just don't want to.
Too much capital in, too much risk to take huge hits. Similar to GM not wanting to lease these cars -- they could, but why take the risk, when shifting it to the consumer works better. Fair enough, but in any business risk comes with a price tag, and GM has to do something to get people to buy into the risk.

Brian

I think this is a really good comment & agree with it. This is a fear-based society in a lot of ways...

Personally, I take some comfort in that I view a car as an expense, rather than an investment. Does that mean that I'm not worried at all about reducing expenses? Certainly not, but it gives me some comfort in this down environment.

·
Registered
CTS-V
238 Posts
Personally, I take some comfort in that I view a car as an expense, rather than an investment. Does that mean that I'm not worried at all about reducing expenses? Certainly not, but it gives me some comfort in this down environment.
I agree that is the way to look at it (as an expense). It's just more expensive than it has been in the past. With finances dried up (no equities left to tap), lack of cash, and more people upside down in thier current payments, and the end of the low-cost lease era,
coupled with potential tanked resale value, folks are just plain scared to buy new. Used cars are thriving for this reason. Still an expense, but much less risk of huge depreciation on the back end. Its a cash thing at this point.

GM may have a problem with lost customers because of past mistakes in thier product and dealer network, but there are still folks who would buy, but either can't or are running scared. GM has got to deal on cars until they can get past this "confidence" era that is hitting all car makes. Stay alive and retain customers to fight another day, if you will.

Not knocking Scott's offer, but GME or 0% finance would be worth more. Need more incentives from the parent.

Brian

Brian

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Could this be a "Scott @ Superior Cadillac" incentive and not a GM incentive? Regardless, Killer deal for someone who's looking right now and Scott has a car somewhere near the buyer's needs. As much as I shouldn't be, I am currently looking but am doubtful that I will find exactly what I want already in stock on a lot.

·
Registered
13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)
446 Posts
Seems the GMS pricing is about $4000 off MSRP (fully loaded one) so.. what is GME (employee pricing)... $5000 off... $6000 off..

·
Registered
2009 CTSV, silver, manual
213 Posts
I bought from Scott with the GMS (GM employee) price plan back when he could get it. $66k sticker out the door for $59k and change. Scott will get you the best deal possible, whatever is available at the moment. If you are serious about buying, and want the best deal, call Scott - he will deliver.

GM could sell a lot of Vs and Z06s and Z51s with across the board 0% AND rebates or employee/supplier pricing. But even now they don't need to incentivize those cars THAT much. They do need to do it for other vehicles, and case in point, I just bought a new Traverse with supplier pricing, rebates, AND 0% financing. That will move cars if they can keep it up.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I think the fact the Scott is offering this price indicates that people are nervous about buying a very expensive car from a marque that has just gone bankrupt. Never mind that Cadillac is probably still making money even with the economic crisis and that warranties are supported by the Feds. There's a lot of FUD out there about what's happening with GM on the consumer end.

For full disclosure, I had the same deal as backup above from Scott and agree that Scott will give you the best deal possible. Do I wish I'd gotten 0% financing? Sure. But the V is pretty popular in the automotive press, and a car like this needs little incentivizing in normal circumstances.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I bought from Scott with the GMS (GM employee) price plan back when he could get it. $66k sticker out the door for $59k and change. Scott will get you the best deal possible, whatever is available at the moment. If you are serious about buying, and want the best deal, call Scott - he will deliver.
cue VPerl in 3...............2...............1...........

F

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right now there is no good lease rates. Us Banks does leasing buy they are high..

not worth it.

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray Chromaflair CTS-V coupe
605 Posts
Scott:

Any more 09s coming in? I'm looking for a Black auto loaded (everything but engine heater).

Mike

·
Registered
CTS-V
238 Posts
I think the fact the Scott is offering this price indicates that people are nervous about buying a very expensive car from a marque that has just gone bankrupt. Never mind that Cadillac is probably still making money even with the economic crisis and that warranties are supported by the Feds. There's a lot of FUD out there about what's happening with GM on the consumer end.

For full disclosure, I had the same deal as backup above from Scott and agree that Scott will give you the best deal possible. Do I wish I'd gotten 0% financing? Sure. But the V is pretty popular in the automotive press, and a car like this needs little incentivizing in normal circumstances.
I agree. I think Scott's current deal is his, not Caddy/GM's. To clarify, I wasn't suggesting GM do GME and 0% financing- just one or the other. If Scott can match employee pricing without a corporate incentive, give me a call (although diminished value of my trade likely still tanks a deal for me).

Scott reiterated that lease rates are unfavorable. I see no new incentive programs from Caddy, yet. My local dealer wouldn't even honor the $1000 customer loyalty or direct mail discount incentiveson the V. Like you said, it doesn't need it.

Some of what I wrote yesterday was reiterated in today's NY Times Q&A piece (bankrupcy impacts on resale,buying confidence, etc).

Brian

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I give deals on all cars..

Not just CTS-v... If you need a Cadillac any kind give me a call.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Please Post a new thread what you are offering.

Please don't post in my ad

Hi Mike,

We have a 2009 black on black fully equipped that stickers for 69,545. We are selling it for 68,000. If interested please let me know. Here is a link so you can view the specifications online:

http://www.hillgmautogroup.com/VehicleDetails/409144603

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks again.

Randy
Hill Cadillac
610-356-4900

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray Chromaflair CTS-V coupe
605 Posts
I was hoping Scott was getting that car from Hill, so I could save $4750 instead of $1500!

Mike

·
Registered
Dealership
21 Posts
Hey Scott,

I apologize for the post. I was unable to send a private message, and still can't due to being a new member. I had spoken to the one member regarding the loaded V and I was unable to send him a private message regarding our car. I understand that it was not the place to do it and from now on I will make separate posts. Regardless, I hope we can sell some V's. Good luck to you.

-Randy

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
279 Posts
Now that is the way to play nice.:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts