Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want like to kno what engine i have in my 1969 coupe deville, its said to have the 472 or 500. But my friend had the same car awhile back and said his engine was way bigger then the one i have. It seems to me i have a 425 someone swapped. Does anyone know how i can tell what motor i have everytime i order sum parts im alwayz having issues. someone helpppp.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Both engines are the same size externally. Tell your friend he's seeing things.
Look at the style of the heater hose fitting on the rear of the passenger side cylinder head. A threaded pipe plug looking thing that looks like a giant wrench fits it is pre 425. The 425 will have a right angle pressed in piece of light alloy metal fitting similar in appearance to what they make heater control valves with. 425 has single plane X looking intake manifold. 425 exhaust manifolds look a lot different than the 472/500.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
bshizzle said:
I want like to kno what engine i have in my 1969 coupe deville, its said to have the 472 or 500. But my friend had the same car awhile back and said his engine was way bigger then the one i have. It seems to me i have a 425 someone swapped. Does anyone know how i can tell what motor i have everytime i order sum parts im alwayz having issues. someone helpppp.
If you are talking about size, as in outside dimensions, there is no difference between the 425 and the 472/500.
The site that The Ape Man listed might help.....check the casting numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
terrible one