Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to the Cadi world & stumped here. I just picked up a 472 with turbo 400 trans I plan on putting in my 41 Ford Hotrod pickup. The problem here is the oil pan is hitting the cross memeber & won't allow the motor to sit in the frame rails like I want it to. I want to run a reverse oil pan & oil pick up tube? With out spending huge $$$$ is there any other options out there ?

Thanks,

Hellbilly04

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
You might get by with a 425 mid sump oil pan. Check the Ebay link below for one on there now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-368-425-472-500-Oil-Pan-w-Pickup-Tube_W0QQitemZ8012868969QQcategoryZ38657QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If that dosen't work, be prepared to shell out about $200 for an eldorado rear sump pan and tube if you can find one. I may have one available soon that I will not be using as I bought a custom pan and girdle from Potter. Like I said, be prepared to spend about $200 for the eldo pan & tube.

Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allante North * thanks for link. Have a bid going on it & if I don't win I'll drop ya some mail & see if you decide to sell that pan & pickup tube.

Thanks Again,

Hellbilly04

1 - 3 of 3 Posts