Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado, 1968 DeVille convertible
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is some one familiar with the $150,- Top Street Performance (TSP) HEI distibutors for de big cadillac?
It has a adjustible vacume advance, any advice on how to dail that in on my stock 1968 472?

·
Registered
Cadillac 69 deville convertible
40 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I'm planning on changing my points over to electronic on my 69 472 and came across this one. It is billet construction but not sure about the bearings etc and quality. Other one I'm looking at from a reputable Cadillac parts store is around $400 and supposed to be plug and play.
So pretty good savings but didn’t know if anyone had any experience with them? And how much if any configuration is involved.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got my TSP dissy in today. It looks really good. I can't say anything about the bearings but the internals are all the same for the chevy/ford hei's they sell. I could only found good reviews on those.
I still need to work some other things out before I install the distributor but I post my experiance here.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,802 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last night I replaced the stock dizzy for the HEI unit. Installation went easy with no issues. While I was at it, I changed the wires for some MSD 8mm and some NGK plugs. Car runs like a champ :).
Only down side is that the pos. and tach. terminals on the HEI cap are located at the front of the distributor, pointing to the radiator. The stock HEI has those terminals at a different/better location.
My photo's are to big and can't seem to reshape theme on my iPhone, sorry...

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Last night I replaced the stock dizzy for the HEI unit. Installation went easy with no issues. While I was at it, I changed the wires for some MSD 8mm and some NGK plugs. Car runs like a champ :).
Only down side is that the pos. and tach. terminals on the HEI cap are located at the front of the distributor, pointing to the radiator. The stock HEI has those terminals at a different/better location.
Congrats! I got the same plugs and wires.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts

·
Registered
1964 Convertible, 1974 Corvette coupe, 1974 Corvette Vert
80 Posts
No problem, just pull the plug leads from the cap, move them two positions around and turn the dissy 90 degrees to make up for it. If that's not far enough, move the leads one more hole and turn the dissy 45 degrees. Easy peasy.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aussiejohn said:
No problem, just pull the plug leads from the cap, move them two positions around and turn the dissy 90 degrees to make up for it. If that's not far enough, move the leads one more hole and turn the dissy 45 degrees. Easy peasy. Regards from Down Under. aussiejohn
That would not work because there's no space for the vacume advance can:-(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts