Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 seville sts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i have a 472 out of a 68 and want to mod it to put it in a chevy blazer off road truck. any ideas on what i need to do to get the best performance out of it? how durable are these engines? what are the problems i should look for? new to the caddy motor thing, been around sbc for a while. thanks

·
Registered
none
11 Posts
well i have an 85 chevy pickup body on a 73 blazer frame with about 16" of lift with 44" super swampers and a caddy 500, it is a badass combo! and a fairly easy swap too

·
Registered
96 seville sts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what did you do for motor mounts? and what tranny are you running. bop or chevy? th400 ro th350?

·
Registered
none
11 Posts
right now the motor is mounted using a 1/4" plate from the chevy mounts to the cadillac ones. there is a company that makes a mount that you weld to the frame, that is ideal and i plan to do that myself later on. the tranny is a bop th 350 hooked up to a np205 transfer case

·
Registered
96 seville sts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. i have both a th400 and a th350, so i can go either way on that. just looking to see if it is a reliable choice to throw in... dont really want to do all the work to have it sh** out on me in 10 minutes...

·
Registered
'85 Fleetwood FWD
728 Posts
The life of the TH350 would depend on how much abuse it gets, or how much pulling/towing etc it has to do, and how hot the oil in it gets. The TH400 is surely a more stout transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts