Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Eldorado
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently become the proud(?) owner of a 1994 Eldorado. Finding out the Northstar engines have major problems with oil leakage, but my concern at this point is the transmission problem I have. At roughly 45 mph or so under light to moderate acceleration I get a severe shudder. This lasts up to about 50 mph. Anything below that is fine, anything above is fine. Rapid acceleration is fine as well. It seems to only be under light to moderate that I get it. A few of us think it is probably in the torque converter. Are we on the right track or is there a switch or relay that could cause this situation as well?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,861 Posts
I have recently become the proud(?) owner of a 1994 Eldorado. Finding out the Northstar engines have major problems with oil leakage, but my concern at this point is the transmission problem I have. At roughly 45 mph or so under light to moderate acceleration I get a severe shudder. This lasts up to about 50 mph. Anything below that is fine, anything above is fine. Rapid acceleration is fine as well. It seems to only be under light to moderate that I get it. A few of us think it is probably in the torque converter. Are we on the right track or is there a switch or relay that could cause this situation as well?
======================
check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,193 Posts
Don't overlook the front motor mount. It has been known to cause vibrations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts