Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2005 ESV
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Cadillac owners,

I'm joining the club!

I was recently in the market for something to replace the wife's grocery getter (a Dodge Grand Caravan with a leaking rear main) and happened upon what I would consider a helluva steal of a Cadillac, a 2005 Escalade ESV for $4500. I'm the third owner, have all the service records, and she's an Arizona car (originally purchased at the Cadillac Dealer in Show Low). I couldn't pass that up since it was within our cash budget. So now I have a Cadillac and still don't have a car payment. I'm not sure what the color is called, but it's that really luxurious tan mother-of-pearl. Love it.

I've got a multimeter ready and I'm expecting some quirky issues down the road. Although she does have a few of the common problems (dim instrument panel lights, crap CD changer not working, rear cup holder won't stay up, rear proximity sensors not working, flipping knock sensor in bay 1) she's surprisingly free of some of the other recurring issues that I've seen on the Eskies just a few years older.

Hell, I almost jumped on a 2002 Escalade just because the air conditioning was out (from temperature sensor) and the owner was sick of working on it in June (A black Cadi with no AC in AZ in June is no joke). Although I probably could have taken it off his hands for a cool even $1000, sensibility played a factor in my restraint on that one, since I didn't have the time (or ambition) for a "project". We'll save that for my next chance at a Calais Coupe (which was almost my first car ever).

Anyways, my cherry has been popped; be gentle! ;-)

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,688 Posts
Welcome. The EXTs are neat. Always wanted one. We like our '02 Escalade in our house. Should break 201k miles this week.

·
2005 ESV
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. The EXTs are neat. Always wanted one. We like our '02 Escalade in our house. Should break 201k miles this week.
Whoops, just noticed my typo. We've got the ESV, not the EXT. Sorry about that.

The ESV was the only way to go for us. With 4 kids (still in the house), 2 dogs, and a love of getting the heck outta the city, we needed something with the extra room.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,688 Posts
I was going to ask how you were getting 4 kids into a truck, but I figured the DOT might not want to see that answer in print. LOL

ESV makes a lot more sense. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts