Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The January '03 "Automobile" magazine has a two-inch item that reports that the Cadillac CTS V-Series is going to receive the LS6 engine at near 400 HP.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
I like it! :thumbsup:

On a personal level, I'd like to see them use a suited up Northstar engine, to keep with the exclusivity of Cadillac. But, 400hp sounds pretty good too!!! :sneaky:

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
Tim Allen got 400 horsepower on the Northstar with cams and an exhaust I think. I saw it on a TV show. Ran really nice. With some performance camshafts...and even some BOOST...I think the Northstar would really be a world class performer! It took the world by storm in 1993 when it was introduced, and stayed at the front of the pack until now.

I think they really need to inject something extra into the engine to keep current, though. The '04 versions are getting variable valve timing (on both the intake and exhaust cams), which is obviously the right direction, but I think more might be needed.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda think it's ridiculous that the XLR is only having 315 horsepower.. You're right.. They need something extra...

400 horse with cams and exhaust? How much would it cost in cams to get that done? :D

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
don't forget the race engines. What are the stats on the race engines?
I wouldn't mind ls6 in any of the cars that gm makes. ls6 is a proven engine and..................send it to ligenfelter engineering to get it bored out to 7l and twin turboed for some insane numbers.

btw ligenfelter's twin turbo 427 ran 0-60 in 1.97sec, and 1/4mi in less than 9.5sec. Top speed is estimated to be somewhere in the 240 zone.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
1.97! Oh, my God!

345hp in the CTS-v will be great! That's fine... How heavy is a CTS?
let it be LS1 or LS6. There's no engine that can compete with SBC in terms of aftermarket. Thought of getting a turbo charged CTS bored out to 427 sounds too good to be true.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The CTS is starting to look better to me.. The renditions look pretty good.. I'm not crazy about the interior, though.. But you probably already know that I like plushness rather than sportyness..

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
I'm not crazy about the interior, though..
CTS interior upgrade for 2004 models

Interior refinements are scheduled for all CTS models for 2004. This, too, is in response to criticism from auto reviewers and consumers. The current interior is a bit austere for a premium car, and was the basis for complaints from many. The new interior, GM says, will have more luxurious trim, including chrome.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
I've only seen photos of the GTO so far. But my first impression is it isn't very aggressive looking. Which is opposite of the '60's GTO's. They had aggressive looking style along with the performance.

From the spy photos and artist renditions, it looks like Cadillac will be adding some agressiveness to their performance car. If any current Cadillac can benefit from a more aggressive look, it's the CTS.

Now, if Cadillac would only remove that ugly plastic insert on the rear trunk!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Now, if Cadillac would only remove that ugly plastic insert on the rear trunk!
I was just scrolling thru the archives and ran across this, thought it was funny. Your wish has been granted HotRod

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Brett said:
I was just scrolling thru the archives and ran across this, thought it was funny. Your wish has been granted HotRod
Hehe.

It's only painted but it's a start. And since I got my wish, I won't point out who was WRONG in this thread!!! :D

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
this was the oldest thread I could find...

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
thank god they didn't use a northstar. not a fan

1 - 20 of 49 Posts