Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must say I am impressed with the performance of my 2015 Platinum Escalade ESV. We drove to Gatlinburg crunched through a snowy hill to get to our cabin. Drove up to TN/NC state line where the chimney tops are located in the Smokies. Backed down a icy crunchy hill and no problems. Hats off to Cadillac!!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Must say I am impressed with the performance of my 2015 Platinum Escalade ESV. We drove to Gatlinburg crunched through a snowy hill to get to our cabin. Drove up to TN/NC state line where the chimney tops are located in the Smokies. Backed down a icy crunchy hill and no problems. Hats off to Cadillac!!
Good to hear! I traded my Mercedes AWD GL450 for this Escalade....and the 4WD system on the Escalade, so far, seems to be as good as, or in some ways, better than the GL. Very important to me as I trek to the hills of Vermont frequently!! I really like the ability to put it into a "AUTO" mode and let the system activate when needed....I have tried it in some of our recent snow stuff here in Pa. and it seems to be very reactive and effective!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
blit184 said:
Good to hear! I traded my Mercedes AWD GL450 for this Escalade....and the 4WD system on the Escalade, so far, seems to be as good as, or in some ways, better than the GL. Very important to me as I trek to the hills of Vermont frequently!! I really like the ability to put it into a "AUTO" mode and let the system activate when needed....I have tried it in some of our recent snow stuff here in Pa. and it seems to be very reactive and effective!
There is some driver input if you're trying to go down a snowy or icy hill. If it was a regular road where traction is not a problem you can use your brakes gently to get you down. But not with ice or snow. You need to put the gear selector in M and downshift to 3-2-1 depending on the grade and everything is just gravy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts