Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a few threads of adding the 2 extra horns to the '98-'04 Seville's to complete the "trumpet". I have been wanting to do this for a while so I decided to check it out. I pulled down the splash shield on my '02 SLS and discovered that the 2 stock horns are located on the passenger side of the car just in front of the front tire. On the driver side in the same location is the lower intake housing. I removed the lower housing (there is one 10mm bolt and a torx bolt that is very difficult to get to. After removing the 10mm bolt I just ripped the housing out) and found some good luck. The slots and bolt holes to mount two more horns are already there for us. So that was a huge relief. I just ordered the "C" and "D" note horns and will have to wire them up myself. I will also probably have to locate two factory horn brackets and mounting bolts as I highly doubt that the correct ones will come with the horns. I will post the results when the horns arrive and I have them in

Don

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,621 Posts
Mine are on the drivers side. I think I either fabricated some mounts or modified the mounts that where on the junkyard horns I got and mounted them up in there. I just spliced into the existing wiring. One additional horn to each of the two original horns. It sounds like a Cadillac should. You'll love it.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to avoid the junkyard at all costs. I used to shop those in my younger years a lot. I haven't been to one since 1992. Anytime I need parts I go new, or Ebay, to avoid the yards. But I am thinking that the brackets might bring me back there. Once the horns arrive I will have a better idea if the supplied brackets will work. It just dawned on me that the same frame must be used for export cars. that would explain why the slots and holes are there for the horns. I would assume in right drive cars the horns are on the left side. Can't wait to get them and have a real Cadillac horn. I am giddy with excitement

Don

·
Super Moderator
86,621 Posts
Don,
I agree on most junk yard parts, but horns are pretty much a different story. I got them online from a salvage yard somewhere. They worked perfectly. I understand your enthusiasm.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
My 1988 Deville had them; my 1997 Delegance has them and now the 1994 Buick Park Ave ULTRA (winter beater) has them.

Nothing (and I mean nothing!) sounds as substantial in a Move-It-A/hole!! sort of way, as those horns.

A train should be so lucky!!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,691 Posts
This thread makes me want to get off my butt and do this mod to the wagon. I took all four horns from my Fleetwood Brougham before I had to junk it to use, but have never got around to messing with it. It's been five months almost. :hide:

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
This thread also fired me up, I am going to do this mod when I get back to the US. Sure I want to have those horns on my Seville, since my Deville has them and I totally love it.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the horns are in. People all around me today are looking and thinking "what's wrong with that a$$h0le". Gotta blow the horn as much as I can it sounds like a Cadillac now. Installation was easy. As stated above you need to remove the lower intake housing that is in front of the driver side tire. The mounting holes for the horns are already there. You will need to get two M6x1.00x25 bolts. For power I just ran 4 wires across from the passenger side. I used a wire tap on each of the 4 existing horn wires. Works beautifully. Best mod I have done to the car

Don

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They came with brackets but not like the originals. The brackets worked out just fine though

Don

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,338 Posts
My 1988 buick park ave that I had in high school had the 4 note horn option. I had forgotten how much I loved it. When I gave someone the horn, the hood would shake. It was great. I remember driving by joggers and giving them heart attacks. I think I know what I will be installing next weekend.

·
Registered
99 D'Elegance, 03 Seville SLS
75 Posts
Hi everybody! I bought a 4 note set of horns on ebay for my 03 SLS. The seller says they came from an 86 DeVille. The picture shows them as having one positive terminal only. My question is, can I just tap into the positive lead from the wires that are already there and use the chassis for ground? My plan is to replace the two horns that are there now with the new set and run positive wires to the other side for the other two as described above. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ranger or Dadillac do either of you happen to remember what size wire you ran to the new horns?

·
Super Moderator
86,621 Posts
:noidea: Whatever I had lying around. Just went out and looked and the most likely would have been a couple of spools of 16 ga.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Ah crap...forgot about it, I added so far everything I could: steel fuel rail, BOSE system, 12 disk CD changer, woodgrain steering wheel, OEM chrome plated rims, 98+ style rear view mirror, I am about to finish the "Curb View Assist Mirror" project (involves updated IPC), horns was what I am still missing, other than that there is nothing installed in other cars that I don't have.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used either 16 or 18 gauge wire. Don't really remember. Either will work just fine.

Don

·
Registered
75 Posts
Found some 16 in the tool box. Was surprised that the wires to the factory horns were thinner than that! Got the horns installed tonight. WOW do I want someone to cut me off!! Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Sorry for being out of the loop, but what tones are the stock horns on 98-04 sevilles? And what other two tones are required? Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A & F are the stock horns. I found a set (A,C,D & F) from an 86 DeVille on ebay. I installed only the C & D horns.

·
Registered
2001 Galaxy Silver Seville STS
91 Posts
Did any of you add any additional relays, or just go off the stock one? I just got a set from an '87 Fleetwood for my '98 Eldo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts