Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I hate that my 1st post is related to a problem that I just experienced with my new 06 CTS 3.6L, but stuff happens right? This morning, my wife woke me up at 6:30 am (I work evenings so you can imagine my disposition) to say her car wouldn't start. Just as I suspected, a dead battery. Well, I used my 4 day old CTS to do the deed. The jump went fine...I put the car back in the garage and went back to bed. When I hopped back in it later to go to work, I noticed that all my radio presets were gone and that the welcome screen no longer read my name, it read "Driver 2 Home Presets" (even though I had key 1 in the ignition). I reprogrammed everything and the car appears fine. Should I be concerned? Was this just an isolated incident or a sign of more trouble to come?

Love the forums guys. I've learned quite a bit since becoming a member 2 hours ago!!!

·
Registered
2005 Black Raven CTS 1SB, Luxury and Sport packages
172 Posts
Quote from the Owner Manual on page 3-74 below. Maybe your wife pressed the unlock button on remote #2 or you pressed the memory #2 button on the door?

"...the driver’s preferences are recalled by pressing the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter, 1 or 2, or by pressing the appropriate memory button, 1 or 2, located on the driver’s door. Certain features can be programmed not to recall until the key is placed in the ignition."

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
:yeah:

As far as the dead battery, it was most likely caused by the Class II databus staying on. This will drain the battery in a matter of hours. The most common cause of this is the sliding switch in overhead console. Make sure it is not pushed up to right before engaging the interior lights. Leave it at a little bit lower level.

Leaving the keys in the ignition has also been known to keep the Class II awake and drain the battery.

·
Registered
2005 Black Raven CTS 1SB, Luxury and Sport packages
172 Posts
His post seemed to be saying that his wife'car had the dead battery and he used his new CTS to jump start it. He didn't say what kind of car it was. The problem with the CTS was the personalization, not the battery.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
skepticman said:
His post seemed to be saying that his wife'car had the dead battery and he used his new CTS to jump start it. He didn't say what kind of car it was. The problem with the CTS was the personalization, not the battery.
Oh...oops. Time to get some sleep but damn the bowl games and keeping me up late. :alchi:

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Man check the CTSV forum --- YOUR PROBLEMS WITH CADILLACS CRAP BATTERYS HAVE ONLY JUST BEGAN!!!!!!!!!!:suspense: :suspense: :suspense:

·
Registered
NONE
85 Posts
:thepan:
shez15 said:
the welcome screen no longer read my name
Having your name in the welcome screen is way too corny! Have something like "Happy New Year!" or my favorite "It's Go Time!"

:welcome:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Yes, it was my wife's car (Lexus RX300) that had the dead battery. I will be more careful with the memory button! Glad to see it is probably nothing serious.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Haha, This is a slightly confusing thread

Just go out to your car with your key and remote unlock the door with the keyfob. When you start up everything should be fine. Like someone said up top, your wife prob unlocked the car with her keyfob before you got in. Nothing to worry about

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having your name in the welcome screen is way too corny!
Elevation, you've got my wheels spinning! I'm racking my brain to come up with something good. My wife already said no to "Pimp Daddy" and "Bad Azz" :histeric:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts