Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to update the hydraulics a bit and did a full -4 AN set up, from master to slave. The benifit being no lost force through rubber line expansion, similar to braided steel brake lines. The system will transfer over to a new master or slave whenever future maintenance is required.

I'll be doing a diy write up later on, right now it's going back together tomorrow morning.

I rebuilt the ACT twin I had installed some time back, and went with a new centric branded V1 slave as the bearing had died and was ratcheting.

I'm still quite happily running the OEM centric master replacement.

I'll be adding in a -4 AN to 1/8 npt Tee fitting for future 2 step or similar additions later on.

-Byron

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little setback today with the hydraulic disconnect.

It needs to be bigger to flow and allow return.

I'm going with a direct connection, 6" from the bell housing to allow easier maintenance later, and gives a good location for the T fitting when it arrives.

-Byron

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is up and running.

Got a bunch of air out of the system, and this afternoon I'll flush a half L of fluid through it and it should be good.

Pedal feel is very direct and linear. Pedal engagement is a little low, but rising as I break in the clutch.

Pedal effort is sharply reduced. It should have come this way from the factory. It's also very quick to change gears.

-Byron

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M10 to -4 AN adapter for the master cylinder and a -4 AN to 1/4" for the slave connection.

A 24" length of -4 AN braided hose and a 6" length.

A -4 to -4 union to allow removal of the trans for future maintenance.

That's pretty much it. Install the adapter, run the lines and bleed it.

-Byron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts