Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to work on my Girlfriends 92 El Dorado. It has been having drivability issues for the last week. Long story short it died today and it will no longer start. It appears as though no spark is coming out.

There are no ECM codes that I know of. Spark jump test failed, which I'm not sure you can do on this car.

My main question right now is, should there be a constant voltage to the distributor? On my check of the 5 wires going to the distributor, I see no voltage on any of the 5. Perhaps I am not checking it the correct way. I only have a Chiltons which has not been helpful.

I also checked the coil harness and there was no voltage on cranking. If I read correctly, voltage should pass to the coil when the *thing* hit's the hall sensor??

It seems to me though that no voltage can pass through, if no voltage is GOING to the distributor in the first place.

Please help!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the battery is new and strong.. and because of the the crank is VERY strong... and we just filled the gas so that's not it...

there is no spark coming out of the wires AND I can find no evidence of any voltage going to the distributor. This is why I am curious about whether or not there should be a constant voltage to it. If so, what might cause no voltage at the harness?? I found no bad fuses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.