Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 V8 AWD SRX
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
190k and it runs great. Only problem is at idle I get a shudder that can be felt indside the car. Not alarming, but really bohersome and I worry it is indicative of a looming problem. Recently replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and just about every vacumn hose surrounding the intake. I'm thinking the ISC but it doesn't move at all while it shudders. Any ideas?

·
Registered
76 Eldo (54k), 76 Eldo (52k), 78 Eldo (9k), 85 Deville (43k)
668 Posts
Shudders, or a rough idle? If it's just idling slightly rough, that's a 4.9. Otherwise, you might have a leaky injector or bad fuel pressure regulator, or, perhaps, you overtightened a spark plug and cracked the porcelain.

·
Registered
2005 V8 AWD SRX
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess you'd call it a rough idle but I refuse to chalk that up to it being a 4.9. I swear it used to purr. The injectors are suspect. They've never been replaced. I'll pull the rail this weekend and check for drip.
190k is a pretty good deal for the injectors.

·
Registered
Cadillac 1992 Seville, Past 1993 Seville & a 2006 STS V-6
121 Posts
my brother and i want to put an "advance kit" on this 4.9 that is in my 1992 seville this car has 172k and runs a little rough for my taste compared to my 1993 4.9 seville that had 264k

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Don't pull the rail yet. Check injector resistance first. Close to 18 ohms on all. Is your shudder a regular rhythmic beat or erratic?

·
Registered
2005 V8 AWD SRX
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's pretty rhythmic and it doesn't occur all the time. Just most of the time. Hot, cold, doesn't seem to really matter. You can easily see the engine tremble when it acts up. I'll test the resistance before pulling the rail. Good suggestion.

·
Registered
1995 FWB 128,*** miles
2,277 Posts
It's pretty rhythmic and it doesn't occur all the time. Just most of the time. Hot, cold, doesn't seem to really matter. You can easily see the engine tremble when it acts up. I'll test the resistance before pulling the rail. Good suggestion.
It's easier to measure the resistance rather at the harness than at an individual injector. There are two harnesses, one serves four injectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts